Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

CASA crackdown on colourblind pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hvr

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Hundreds of colour blind pilots have been put on notice they could be grounded as air safety authorities consider tightening medical requirements for the vision impaired.

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority has written to 500 aviation licence holders, including 124 commercial pilots working for Virgin, regional airlines and freight companies, warning them it is reviewing new research into ''colour vision deficiency''.

In a separate letter, CASA has asked 900 companies that employ Australian pilots to consider their position on vision impairment.
I have no knowledge of the merits of CASA's argument but knowing the members here reckon it is if interest.

Also mentioned in the reports is the Colour Vision Defective Pilots Association. I guess there is an organisation for everybody.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

BAM1748

Colour blind people are not allowed to be crew on train, even as a second person who has no controls other than the kettle, microwave and horn button.

Matt

gunzel2

Colour blind people are not allowed to be crew on train, even as a second person who has no controls other than the kettle, microwave and horn button.

Matt

Because the second person has a duty to cross-call signal aspects to a driver. The second person needs to react should the driver not react to a warning/stop aspect.
DW

whatmeworry

At one place of employment, a supervisor told me he was colour blind. He reckoned he could distinguish between certain shades.

Iam not 20/20 vision but apparently I can pilot a plane! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khoobh16