Card Payment Surcharges Banned in Australia from 2026

Are you happy with the RBA's proposed changes to surcharging and interchange fees?


  • Total voters
    202
Lots of great photos going around today:

View attachment 523618
It seems like this shenanigan has not worked out too well for them
There's been so many bad reviews about the charge on Google Maps that they've renamed the business on there in an attempt to avoid people seeing the bad reviews and them getting any more.
I'm sure similar is happening on other platforms as well.
 
I avoid eating out (including getting coffee) on Sundays and public holidays because of surcharging which can be up to 15-20%!
 
It seems like this shenanigan has not worked out too well for them
There's been so many bad reviews about the charge on Google Maps that they've renamed the business on there in an attempt to avoid people seeing the bad reviews and them getting any more.
I'm sure similar is happening on other platforms as well.

And a very suspicious number of unqualified 5* reviews all on the same day following all the negative reviews and name change.
 
I avoid eating out (including getting coffee) on Sundays and public holidays because of surcharging which can be up to 15-20%!
Agreed. I am seeing many with a minimum 10% on weekends and 15+% on public holidays.

I just take my business elsewhere. These are not essential services
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top