Cancelling a reward flight - does a Platinum need to pay a fee?

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by Rdarby, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Rdarby

Rdarby Intern

Aug 1, 2011
    Anyone cancelled an international reward flight and internal US ones before?

I have been planning a big trip to the USA in business in July, using points. And now work has come along and I have to cancel. But work is sending me to the USA anyway then so I will get a week off instead of the three over there, and they pay for the flights.

But now I need to cancel my reward flights. I called Velocity and they said there was a fee per flight. But I remember reading on here that if you are Platinum they wave that? Have I got the context wrong, or should I tell them they are meant to waive the fee?

Thanks for any shared experiences!

2. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    The usual fee. No dispensation for status colour

3. Intra

Intra Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Your getting the upgrades change/cancellation fee free for Plats. mixed up here

Fare Rules are the rules. Red or Plat, you shall need to pay

4. st4ff

st4ff Guest

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I was just on the phone with Velocity getting some info on Etihad award bookings. The person on the phone told me that there are no cancellation or change fees when booking a partner award-- does this sound right to you guys?