Cancellation of Centurion Card & Effect on Membership Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Water

Hi can anyone advise what happens if you cancel your Centurion Card and the effects on your membership status on partners such as Marco Polo Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Avis Presidents Club, Priorty Pass and Qantas Club. Do they get cancelled straightway/downgraded etc or what happens?

Cheers

I did try this but she got very cagey and uptight so I dint want to push the issue. Just thought others who cancelled there card may have expirence on this.

Cheers

Thanks lovestotravel thats correct as we all know what Amex says will/should happen is quite often not that case.

Magnum - we didn't discuss this in particular when we cancelled last week. I'm assuming we get the benefits until they expire (for example, our MP Diamond expires in September next year).

Nobody has more respect for the depth of knowledge shared by AFF members - FWIW personally I would be - and may well be - seeking advice verbally from my Cent RM and also sending him an email seeking clarification in writing.

magnum - FYI

Cent RM
What is situation with Complementary Program Memberships – such as Marco Polo Diamond / Hilton Diamond etc etc if Centurion Card was cancelled at any point in time prior to renewal date?
Would the Complementary Memberships continue to run until their actual renewal dates or would they be cancelled automatically on date of Centurion cancellation.
Rgds
Mr Elite

Mr Elite,
Should you cancel the Centurion Card today, the Marco Polo Diamond and Hilton Diamond benefits would still be valid for use by yourself up until the renewal dates.
This is true for all the other benefits that are attached to the Centurion Card.
I hope that helps.
Regards,
Cent RM

Hey Cruiser Elite

Thanks for that, its much appreciated, just thought what would happen if you down graded to Amex Platinum?

Cheers

But don't take my word for it - fire off an email to YOUR Cent RM - if things did go pear shaped at least you have something in writing to fall back on.

I cancelled my AMEX Plat earlier this year, which had complimentary Marco Polo Gold. I have since used this a number of times for oneworld lounge access with no issue, so I suggest it will run out to the expiry, as someone has mentioned.

If you go to plat you may be able to get gold membership once your diamond expires anyway (not as good but better than nothing!) - I suggest speaking to the CSR once this date comes. However, I dont know if the offer is still on, as it seemed to be a temporary offer which has been running longer than expected....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back