Cancel then immiediately rebook the same P class JASA ticket

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by greenfish, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. greenfish

greenfish Active Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Brisbane
    Just curious if it is possible to cancel an existing P class FASA booking then rebook using the same seat and points?

Is the P seat immediately available for reallocation? Are the points immediately returned to my account?

The reason I ask is that the new "simpler, fairer" flying will deliver an extra 60SCs on QF1 or QF9 compared to the old (360 v 420 SCs).

Is there a better way of doing this (e.g. changing the start leg of the flight)?

Thanks

2. ketsuzei

ketsuzei Established Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Starting point is to check the cancellation conditions, I think it's $300 for my latest PASA to LHR (whereas the UASA was charge-free).

3. Mwenenzi

Mwenenzi Established Member

May 17, 2006
    MEL
    Maybe yes and maybe no. On FT someone did this trying to tune the route-other flights on the award, but lost out.
    May be better to phone QF and ask

4. moa999

moa999 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2003
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    No certainty that the seat will re-appear

• Like Like x 1
  5. zainman

zainman Established Member

Jan 31, 2012
    MEL & KHI
    +1

However in my experience I was not charged any for cancellation of a FASA

6. amaroo

amaroo Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2011
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I changed MASA P x 2 SYD-LHR booking the other day.....got slugged $300 ($150 x 2) and the seats became available immediately.

7. QF029

QF029 Active Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Melbourne
    From my experience it will most likely reappear but there's no guarantee. I suspect the closer you are to your flight the less likely.

I don't think I'd bother for the extra 60 SC's.

8. ketsuzei

ketsuzei Established Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I changed a Boxing Day JASA to LHR to a Christmas night FASA, and didn't see the former reappear in inventory.

9. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    There is no guarantee that the P inventory will be returned to booking inventory. It all depends on what the yield management algorithm thinks at the time.

Also note that the fare will be recalculated based on all new conditions, including any changes to the surcharges that apply at the time of the new booking.