Cancel award flight less than 24 hours before flight?

gidxg03

Intern
Quick question if anyone can help. If I book a Qantas International Classic Flight can I cancel less than 24 hours before the flight and get a full refund? Qantas have waived fees and allow a fully refundable reward flight if purchased before 30th June up until 31st Dec but I can't see any mention of the minimum timeframe required for a cancelation.

AIRwin

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
I've done it for domestic and I seem to remember from reading others' posts that it's the same for international...

Last edited:

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Yes, I believe it just has to be cancelled before the flight (before checkin)
An e-ticketed award booking can be cancelled up until scheduled departure time of the first flight in the itinerary, even if you have checked in.

kookaburra75

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
An e-ticketed award booking can be cancelled up until scheduled departure time of the first flight in the itinerary, even if you have checked in.
I had to do that once, as when I woke up on the morning of the flight, my back had packed it in. I cancelled on line about 2 hours prior to departure, although as I had checked in they called to see where I was.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..