Can you upgrade from Government discount economy on Qantas?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by SamuelPrice, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. SamuelPrice

SamuelPrice Newbie

Aug 31, 2003
    Hi,

Does anyone know if you can upgrade from Goverment discount fares, for domestic economy travel? I called Qantas about this and they said that as you can upgrade from a $70 Syd-Mel, that they guessed you could for a government rate.

I need this information for a good friend of mine who works at a high school. I will be travelling with them as a supervising person and was considering upgrading from the fare the school will purchase (which abolishes the whole idea of being a supervisor, hehe)

Thanks eveyone!

2. willyroo

willyroo Junior Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Government fares (at least Federal and Qld) are booked in K class. Full SCs, no points.

The next class above K is B - and that's a pretty pricey fare...

3. obsgyn

obsgyn Junior Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Re: Can you upgrade from Government discount economy on Qant