Can some one explain to me, how to become a member of frequent flyer please? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Can some one explain to me, how to become a member of frequent flyer please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidRoger

Hello all

I am new to all these things. Can some one tell me how to become a member of frequent flyer. I have a westpac altitude card. How can i earn more points? How can i convert my points to frequent flyer points? Can I use westpac points to some other programs other than FF?

Thanks to all
David Roger

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
For Qantas FF:

https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyns/joinff

While there is a fee if you are an Australian/ NZ resident, there is not if you happen to live overseas and plan to move to Australia shortly.

Someone who has a Westpac Altitude card may be able to talk through some of its benefits.

turbo

Intern
DavidRoger said:
Hello all

I am new to all these things. Can some one tell me how to become a member of frequent flyer. I have a westpac altitude card. How can i earn more points? How can i convert my points to frequent flyer points? Can I use westpac points to some other programs other than FF?
You can sign up for the Earth credit card offered through Westpac and they will give you a free membership to the qantas FF scheme. the annual c.c. fee is waived for the first year too. you do earn points with the card but probably not as many as your altitude card. Just cancel the earth card after a few months once your membership is setup if you don't want the card. I still have mine but i didn't see anything in the T&C saying you couldn't cancel in the first year.

From Altitude: "Points earned on transactions from the 9th March 2004 will be redeemed for frequent flyer points at a ratio of 1:0.5. For example, this means that 20,000 Altitude points will convert to 10,000 frequent flyer points". Min 500 Altitude points per transfer = 250 FF points.

Yes you can transfer Altitude points to Qantas, Air NZ or Malaysia programs.

HardieBoys

Your Altitude Mastercard will generate 0.5 points per $ spent. Your Altitude American Express will generate 1 point per $ spent, these being for the QFF program. I'm not sure what the redemption rate is for other programmes.

I think you can join the Frequent Flyer programme online.

DavidRoger

Hello friends

Can I transfer my credit card points to someone's FF?

Thanks for ur time and help
David

NM

Flights
My Map
DavidRoger said:
Hello friends

Can I transfer my credit card points to someone's FF?

Thanks for ur time and help
David
Most credit card award programs require that transfers to an FF program must be to an account in the same name as the credit card account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaphjam