Buying Etihad Miles | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Buying Etihad Miles

GPH

Flights
My Map
I received an email promoting a 15% bonus to buy Etihad miles. As I have not flown with Etihad before let alone redeem miles with them, I was wondering if the 100,000 plus 15,000 bonus for $2,000 was a good deal or not. And what if any are the pitfalls?

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I received an email promoting a 15% bonus to buy Etihad miles. As I have not flown with Etihad before let alone redeem miles with them, I was wondering if the 100,000 plus 15,000 bonus for $2,000 was a good deal or not. And what if any are the pitfalls?
They usually have a couple of promos per year. A few months ago they had a 20% bonus.
Unless things have changed you could only buy 60k miles per transaction and 100k total per year. Matt Graham had an excellent article on them recently which outlined the program

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgina Cavanagh