Booking Virgin Flight with Krisflyer points | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Booking Virgin Flight with Krisflyer points

Hillbilly64

As above

I can see availability of Business rewards flights - which I can purchase if I transfer my krisflyer points...but is there any way to book it through Krisflyer without transferring points?

Scr77

I presume you need to call krisflyer to book. If you look at the KrisFlyer award chart, is it better value to transfer to velocity? When I last looked, using KrisFlyer points to book VA flights was poor value.

Ausbt

Established Member
OOL-SYD is often one of the cheaper $ flights. Is it really worth using points or do you simply want to get rid of them?

Mattg

Flights
My Map
VA award flights should appear on the Singapore Airlines website now.

Redeeming KrisFlyer miles can be good value, but only really on longer routes within the eastern states and SA, e.g. MEL-CNS or ISA-BNE-ADL.

Scr77

Sorry. Should have realized!

I see what you mean. There are VA reward seats available but do not show on KF. Obviously, VA and SG haven’t sorted their systems out. If going direct is important, I’d transfer the points to virgin and book on the virgin site. Perhaps not the best use of points, given you can go on singapore airlines via Singapore.

I see what you mean. There are VA reward seats available but do not show on KF. Obviously, VA and SG haven’t sorted their systems out. If going direct is important, I’d transfer the points to virgin and book on the virgin site. Perhaps not the best use of points, given you can go on singapore airlines via Singapore.
Possible but much cheaper to book directly with SG:

VA77 with KrisFlyer miles: 64,000
VA77 with KrisFlyer miles converted: 99,200
SG metal via Singapore: 91,000

I tried to book this over the phone today (nothing showing online) but they weren't able to see this flight. Any ideas when this will be bookable with KrisFlyer miles or how to find out?
After some back and forth with a very helpful SG rep we found that they are able to see the flight and available reward seats but their system can't book it yet. No time-frame given as to when it will be possible.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackosaurus