Booking SQ and VA on same flight

Kscf

Virgin
Gold
Hi,

I am trying to book BLR - CNS on SQ and CNS - BNE on VA the next day as the SQ flight lands in CNS at 17:25 and there is no flight that leaves after that time.

Will I have to take my bags, store in a locker and recheck in the next day at VA counter??

On a side note : SQ agents could not book this over the phone, is it not possible to combine them into a single itineary??

Looks like someone booked CNS - BNE last minute and this is no longer available.

Last edited:

Mwenenzi

Established Member
Qantas
Silver Club
I am trying to book BLR - CNS on SQ and CNS - BNE on VA the next day as the SQ flight lands in CNS at 17:25 and there is no flight that leaves after that time.

Will I have to take my bags, store in a locker and recheck in the next day at VA counter??
As CNS is your port of entry to AU you need to clear immigration, customs & bio security at CNS with all you carry-on & checked bags. Unlikely you will be able to check in for a VA flight the next day.

Kscf

Virgin
Gold
Meaning I cant book this itineary?? SQ phone reps are having a hard time booking this as is.

dajop

Enthusiast
As it involves a booking on SQ and on a non-star alliance partner, the points cost will be the same if they can get it onto one ticket, as it would be if it were on two separate tickets.

And also because it involves overnight connection, probably the only value with doing it on one reservation Is if you miss your connection to the SIN-CNS flight and have to travel the next day, your flight to BNE might be protected.

Kscf

Virgin
Gold
I just booked seperate tickets. I found a later flight on a different day for CNS - BNE , I paid cashas its better than doing overnight as that was the only option I have otherwise.

I am thinking 4 hours should be sufficient time to clear immigration and recheck in, I have plat status at VA if that matters

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
I just booked seperate tickets. I found a later flight on a different day for CNS - BNE , I paid cashas its better than doing overnight as that was the only option I have otherwise.

I am thinking 4 hours should be sufficient time to clear immigration and recheck in, I have plat status at VA if that matters

I’m on the same flight SIN-CNS and we have a two hour connection SQ->VA. This is ticketed on the one ticket, so we are protected, but it must meet minimum connecting times. 4 hours should in theory be fine!

Kscf

Virgin
Gold
Thank u, the problem is the days we have a same day later flight doesnt not have award availability.

If worse comes to worse and I miss the flight, I will just fly the next day.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..