Booking Hotels - Expedia

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by PaulZ, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. PaulZ

PaulZ Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I am looking at booking a hotel in New York 23/7 - 29/7, likely at the Park Central New York.

When i try and make a booking on their website (for a double double room), it quotes a tax inclusive price of USD$1616.29. Expedia.com quotes USD$1413.26.

When i rang the hotel and questioned the comment on their website "Our Best Rates Are Here Guaranteed" (in expectation that she would offer me a deal) she told me that when bookings are made by expedia and hotels.com that the reservation isn't really guaranteed... I think she was making an excuse and trying to scare me - but she did make me think twice.

So i guess the question is - have you made a booking with expedia, and have you ever had any trouble?

Thanks for any comments.

PaulZ

2. vaccav

vaccav Junior Member

Sep 26, 2004
    I have booked 3 or 4 times with Expedia in the last 18 months and never had a problem.

vaccav

3. ColinP

ColinP Member

May 1, 2006
    Adelaide
    I've used hotelclub.com. ratestogo.com and Venere.com to book hotels in many places including Aus, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Italy and Hong Kong and (touch wood) have never had a problem.