Booking AA tickets - can be done from airport?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by $CJ, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. $CJ

$CJ Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Booking AA tickets appears to be fraught with danger, from the US call centre to the Indian call centre, faxing forms etc etc etc

Can it not be done from beginning to end at the AA desk in Sydney airport?

If so do they have set operating hours?

Thx!!!

2. dragonman

dragonman Active Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Since AA codeshares with QF I doubt that such a desk exists.

3. hmc

hmc Junior Member

Mar 17, 2007
    MEL
    I had few problems purchasing NRT/DFW/AUS return a few weeks ago, after reading posts & instructions here, just by going through AA website to reserve then calling the (Indian) call centre. They took my CC details over the phone & my receipt was snail mailed within a few days.

The first couple of times I called them the connection dropped out as soon as I started to give my details, but it was 3rd time lucky. And there were no problems with accents or addresses.

Only minor glitch I had was that the phone no for the US CC for registering for Challenge which I'd found in one of the posts was getting a 'can't connect' message, so I checked the details on the FF wiki and found the correct one - it was v. simple once I got through.

Good luck with it

H

4. $CJ

$CJ Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Thanks. I eventually gave up on V and decided to just book N online.

I selected U.K. for billing and otherwise used all correct details. Everything seems to have gone fine, it accepted my AU CC and was e-ticketed within about 20 minutes.

Paid $AU2100 each for ADL-MIA, MCO-SYD. A little over 20,000 miles when halved (N) means I'll be platinum when I get back......or gold when I arrive....hmmmmmm.. decisions decisions.

I guess it's probably worth going for platinum/sapphire. Sapphire lounge access can be utilised when flying AU domestic on Qantas right?

5. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Go Plat - you will be just like QF Gold so get QP access but with better burn rate for points and earning 100% bonus.

Dont forget if you are doing the AA Challenge you need to be on AA flight numbers.

6. $CJ

$CJ Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Thanks. Yep I got all AA flight numbers.

I was rather annoyed though to discover that my 5% off code for "any flight over $150" is only accepted on one-way and simple round trips, and then became even more annoyed when I discovered that it is also not valid for code shares!

7. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Your ticket now shows "Ticketed- xx May 2007" yes?
    What was the $AUD amount of the highest single CC transaction?

8. $CJ

$CJ Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Your question concerns me! :)

Date of Issue: 27MAY07
    E-Ticket Confirmation/Record

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FARE-AUD [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1726.00[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1726.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EQUIV FARE-GBP [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]719.00[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]719.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TAX [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]161.40[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]161.40[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TICKET TOTAL [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]880.40[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]880.40[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Total: 1760.80[/FONT]

9. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I'm not trying to worry you, just trying to work out what AA.com allows :)

When you go onto AA's website here https://www.aa.com/aa/reservation/findReservationAccess.do and enter your name and Record Locator, it should then show your itinerary. On that page is where I was referring to TICKETED <DATE>

But I believe receiving the receipt that you did (with the ticket number down the bottom of the email) means all is ok.

10. $CJ

$CJ Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Cool, thanks.

Now how do I get the Amadeus number? AA said it doesn't have one. Can I not upgrade with QFF points?

11. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    To upgrade using QFF points then flight must be on QF metal only. Also no upgrade possible if on QF metal but using another airlines codeshare.