Bonus Qantas points into partner account

afpaff

Hi all,
Is it possible for my partner to sign up to credit cards with Qantas points bonuses (like 90k) and use my qantas membership number to receive them?
Or does she need to make her own qantas membership and the credit card companies only send it to one that matches her name?

Hi all,
Is it possible for my partner to sign up to credit cards with Qantas points bonuses (like 90k) and use my qantas membership number to receive them?
Or does she need to make her own qantas membership and the credit card companies only send it to one that matches her name?
No, if you want the points in your account, you’ll need to do a family transfer after your partner receives the points.

No, if you want the points in your account, you’ll need to do a family transfer after your partner receives the points.

So what happens if you put someone else's QFF number during signup of the credit card bonus? they tell later after checking it's wrong number?

So what happens if you put someone else's QFF number during signup of the credit card bonus? they tell later after checking it's wrong number?
In my experience (albeit with a non credit card partner) the points vanished into the abyss. From what I recall, I believe qf rejected the transfer but the partner didn’t have a process to pick this up, flag it up on their system or inform me of the bounce.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back