Bonus 75SC posted to the previous QFF membership year

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdimdad

Established Member
The great planning and timing of my second eligible flight tripped me over with the 75 bonus SC's. I flew the second flight on Fri 31/5 which was the last day of my QFF membership year and the bonus SC's were credited to the account on Mon 3/6 when the CC statement came through. All good apart from QF treating them as part of last year's SC tally and expired them immediately. Ouch! :mad:

If I had realised this, I would have paid the 31/5 leg differently and booked something little for the weekend to secure the SC's to the right year.

2019_06_04_13_04_21_Points_activity_Qantas_Frequent_Flyer.jpg

Flight credits including bonus SC's are applied as per the Scheduled Departure date of the flight, even if one you are on takes off after midnight or the credits post some days later.

This has been the case with QFF since I joined in 1994.

I guess QFF are making this clear with the additional cancellation entry on the 3rd June.

Yeah. A number of people have reported the 75SC get an effective date of the qualifying flight. Works different to the loyalty bonus.

The great planning and timing of my second eligible flight tripped me over with the 75 bonus SC's. I flew the second flight on Fri 31/5 which was the last day of my QFF membership year and the bonus SC's were credited to the account on Mon 3/6 when the CC statement came through. All good apart from QF treating them as part of last year's SC tally and expired them immediately. Ouch! :mad:

If I had realised this, I would have paid the 31/5 leg differently and booked something little for the weekend to secure the SC's to the right year.

View attachment 167845
Hi tdimdad,

That's a bummer, I was planning something similar this month. Did the 75SC appear on your life time tally? I hear that they're not. I received the 75 bonus SC in the first ANZ offer a couple years ago and those did appear on my lifetime tally but if that doesn't happen this year then they're all but useless....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back