Bonus 75SC posted to the previous QFF membership year | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Bonus 75SC posted to the previous QFF membership year

tdimdad

The great planning and timing of my second eligible flight tripped me over with the 75 bonus SC's. I flew the second flight on Fri 31/5 which was the last day of my QFF membership year and the bonus SC's were credited to the account on Mon 3/6 when the CC statement came through. All good apart from QF treating them as part of last year's SC tally and expired them immediately. Ouch! :mad:

If I had realised this, I would have paid the 31/5 leg differently and booked something little for the weekend to secure the SC's to the right year.

2019_06_04_13_04_21_Points_activity_Qantas_Frequent_Flyer.jpg

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Flight credits including bonus SC's are applied as per the Scheduled Departure date of the flight, even if one you are on takes off after midnight or the credits post some days later.

This has been the case with QFF since I joined in 1994.

I guess QFF are making this clear with the additional cancellation entry on the 3rd June.

woodborer

Yeah. A number of people have reported the 75SC get an effective date of the qualifying flight. Works different to the loyalty bonus.

Basalt

The great planning and timing of my second eligible flight tripped me over with the 75 bonus SC's. I flew the second flight on Fri 31/5 which was the last day of my QFF membership year and the bonus SC's were credited to the account on Mon 3/6 when the CC statement came through. All good apart from QF treating them as part of last year's SC tally and expired them immediately. Ouch! :mad:

If I had realised this, I would have paid the 31/5 leg differently and booked something little for the weekend to secure the SC's to the right year.

View attachment 167845
Hi tdimdad,

That's a bummer, I was planning something similar this month. Did the 75SC appear on your life time tally? I hear that they're not. I received the 75 bonus SC in the first ANZ offer a couple years ago and those did appear on my lifetime tally but if that doesn't happen this year then they're all but useless....

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelcan