Beware Qatar [COVID-19] refund policy | Page 6 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Beware Qatar [COVID-19] refund policy

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Quick update, got the refund after I left a potential chargeback message on the request portal. Ticket is still open though and no email communication since. Exchange rate movements burnt me, lost $500 :(
Ouch! That's unlucky. The A$ had plunged against the QRial since late March - A$0.40 per rial now Vs A$0.48 in late March, but between June 2019 and early March 2020, it only varied between 0.39 and 0.42. Of course your card and/or QR mightn't use spot :(

BTW, if you paid in Rials by a card that charges a separate FX fee, did that get reversed? I got mine back.

N M

Quick update, got the refund after I left a potential chargeback message on the request portal. Ticket is still open though and no email communication since. Exchange rate movements burnt me, lost $500 :(
So just to clarify, you went to the online form for refund requests (?) quoted your claim/request number (?) and threatened a charge back unless they processed the refund asap (?) and that worked??
😯

silencer2008

[/QUOTE]
Ouch! That's unlucky. The A$ had plunged against the QRial since late March - A$0.40 per rial now Vs A$0.48 in late March, but between June 2019 and early March 2020, it only varied between 0.39 and 0.42. Of course your card and/or QR mightn't use spot :(
BTW, if you paid in Rials by a card that charges a separate FX fee, did that get reversed? I got mine back.
Got the FX fee reversed as well.

So just to clarify, you went to the online form for refund requests (?) quoted your claim/request number (?) and threatened a charge back unless they processed the refund asap (?) and that worked??
😯
I used the same refund request ticket from before, and added a comment regarding a potential chargeback as I had not heard anything for 7 weeks. Got the refund overnight after that.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maria Jessica Ryerson