Beware Holiday Inn Valencia | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Beware Holiday Inn Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashback

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
My parents had a stay there well over a year ago (for 2 nights) and today received an e-mail reminding them of a 5 booking with check-in in a few days time.

That's odd, we thought!

For clarity, this is the hotel Valencia Hotels: Holiday Inn Valencia Hotel in Valencia, Spain

On querying IHG chat, I was told it was booked directly with the hotel on September 22 - so a month ago. Again, rather odd........... fortunately it was a flex rate, so I was able to cancel without any issue however it begs the question as to how it happened and is there a leak somewhere at the hotel, given they've stayed there before.

In any case, PIN has been changed and IHG can't offer any further reason. Interested in your thoughts!

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

markis10

Veteran Member
This pops up on a regular basis, I have had the same at HI Burswood a few years back. Holidex seems to try and associate a direct booking with a IHG rewards account, either that or the hotel is incented on getting X number of members staying a night and may fudge the figures by attaching a res to a profile.

ftm

Flights
My Map
I have seen a similar thing with Singapore Airlines. A client who was in London and due to return home in 3 days forwarded an email from SQ confirming his flight from Singapore to Joahnnesburg. Naturally he was a bit concerned.

Turned out that SQ had just attached his FF number to another booking with the same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icet

Currently Active Users