Best use of points to LA (help)

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by inline64, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. inline64

inline64 Junior Member

May 29, 2013
    Melbourne
    My daughter will be married in vegas in May 2015 and I am looking for help from the forum members on how to get bang for my buck (points). Right now I have 210,000 points and are currently a silver QC member.

i have used all my point a few times to fly to LA return in economy but this time I want to spoil my daughter and wife.

My question is what is the best way to use my points to fly PE and not spend to much money my points grow every month with credit card purchases.

2. dmitri

dmitri Active Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have booked a saver economy fare in the past to Lax and upgraded to business for 72000 points each way. Upgrade to PE is 45000 from economy saver I think.

3. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Established Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    That is one way, but it is also a lottery which the OP is a fair way down the pecking order. If wanting to treat family members, booking PE is the only way to guarantee the seats.

4. Lonely Flyer

Lonely Flyer Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Gold Coast
    In 2012 i booked PE return and as a Bronze was lucky enough to be upgraded to J both ways for self and wife. If you can get info on when loads would be expected to be lighter you should choose those days. Is the groom flying "Cattle"?

5. BAM1748

BAM1748 Senior Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Sydney
    Being upfront, you don't really enough points do to anything for 2 people on that run, how many $$$'s did you want to throw in?

Matt

6. Lonely Flyer

Lonely Flyer Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Gold Coast
    If he books PE it will cost 90000 to upgrade each way.