Best UK and Ireland SIM Card - One Trip Only Use | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Best UK and Ireland SIM Card - One Trip Only Use

Gold60

Flights
My Map
Hi All,

i am going to UK and Ireland soon - with a short stay in Frankfurt and Penang.

My travelling companion has a Tesco Rocket casual SIM Card only service.

Any particular recommendations on SIM Cards for this shortish trip please ?

I am thinking of buying what she has so that we are sure of compatibility. i have a Motorola G4 Plus dual SIM handset.

TIA

kookaburra75

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
I'm on Vodafone at home, and use the $5/day roaming option, which would cover your destinations, if you too are on Vodafone - and allow you to use your phone and data as if you were at home. Or, as suggested above, there is a selection through Simcorner.

theblank

Established Member
Boost mobile prepaid (AU Sim)
$5 a month, for 500gb
Free incoming calls (not verified, the live chat guy told me this, i find it hard to beleive, but...)

cgichard

The rules may have changed since, but in 2016 I couldn't reload my 3 SIM from overseas (France) with my UK bank issued debit card because it was registered to my Australian address, not to a UK address.

Admin

Established Member
Administrator
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Just a shoutout for simcorner. Very impressed with their customer service. Leaving it really late (and the Easter weekend didn't help!), I purchased a sim online knowing that it might not get to me on time. Then got a call from them noticing that my departure date was very soon, and that I might not receive it before I leave. They offered to personally drop it off at my house. Great service!!
(Haven't activated the card yet, so can't comment on usage)

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bestmover