Best postcard app?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by significance, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. significance

significance Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Canberra
    Hi all,

I like to write good old-fashioned picture postcards when I am away, but I'm usually too lazy to hunt down stamps and they go unsent. The postcard apps available for my iPad and iPhone seem a good idea, but I'm having trouble finding a good one. Ideally, I want one that:
    1) Posts cards either from within Australia or from a nearby country with a good mail service so that they have a chance of getting to their destination before I get home myself.
    2) Has a good supply of stock destination photos, in case I haven't taken any decent photos myself.
    3) Will also let me use my own photos, if I prefer.
    4) Imports addresses from my contacts.

Any recommendations?

2. kalboy

kalboy Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Western Australia
    Noticed something new at the bottom of the Qantas App, have you seen that. $3.50 I think.

3. opusman

opusman Senior Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    I've been using TouchNote, it works pretty well and seems reliable. Only problem is limited message length (220 chars or something).