best flight to Zurich | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

best flight to Zurich

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianos

If you can go business class on any carrier you like any way what do you think would be the best?
(Not qantas via Frankfurt with bad service no sleepers btw).
Other ways I have got there is Austrian on the 777 via Vienna which was great service and price but average seats. I think the economy seating and service on the Austrian 777 was quite close to the business for someone of my size (normal build 175cm).

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
If looking for OneWorld alliance and QF FF benefits, I would look for QF or BA via London. Could also look at QF to BKK and Swiss with a QF Codeshare BKK-ZRH.

With Star Alliance, Singapore Airlines would be best option with Raffles Class all the way on 747-400 aircraft.

Austraian requires a regional connection VIE-ZRH on a F100. Not necessarily bad, but not the same as 744 all the way. Though you will get to so EU entry processing in VIE and the last hop is intra-EU so no further processing required.

It may come down to planned arrival time into ZRH. Austrian arrival will be about 8:40am, Qantas/Swiss arrival about 6:25am, QF/BA via london at 9:50am, SQ about 6:30am.

Kiwi Flyer

SQ. Only one easy connection at SIN both ways (enjoy very nice lounge in transit). Spacebed all the way.

mianos

NM said:
Austraian requires a regional connection VIE-ZRH on a F100. Not necessarily bad
Yes but it's only an hour and not bad at all. That's a flight I have done quite a few times now (although much longer in the air than the Frankfurt Zurich connection where they don't even get to a cruising height :) ).

mianos

p.s. Vienna airport is not that nice, I'd rather be inbound for EU somewhere else generally. (Much easier for me in Zurich with Zurich Residency paperwork, they are almost friendly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebaldman27