best credit card combination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windows

What would be the best credit card for earning frequent flyer points and rewards, and a card to use overseas?

• Citibank Gold No fee ever- $1=1 point
  • Qantas American Express Ultimate Credit Card- with the 7500 bonus points, domestic return flight and $1=1.5 points
  • Wizard Clear Advantage for overseas travel
Would these three cards be the best combination for ff's and o'seas travel?

cheers =]

There are many threads on this topic so if you do a search you will get results. Some are
http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/general-credit-card-discussion/best-visa-card-no-12105.html?highlight=credit+card+points

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/general-credit-card-discussion/best-visa-card-no-12105.html?highlight=credit+card

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/other-credit-card-rewards/bankwest-mastercard-10393.html?highlight=credit+card

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/citibank-rewards-program/best-balance-transfer-12437.html?highlight=credit+cards

The amex plat credit card give you 1.5 points per dollar at a cost of $395 pa with the free flight, but for the extra you pay for the card you can get a LCC flight to the relevant amex destinations for less.

You should look at a card that give you 1.5 points and then a backup for those times when that card (usually amex) is not accepted. Other threads suggests the Wizard Clear Advantage card is good for overseas use as there is no fees. You just have to look at what best meets your needs.

I have the citi gold and wizard clear advantage, I do need all of my cards to be fee-free, citi gold have free travel insurance as well, which is a bonus.
However I made a claim back in Jan and now I am still waiting for the claim
to be processed, you get what you paid for.

I did have three amex cards before, they waived first year fee and they
gave me about 10-15k ffpts bonus each, and I cancelled all of them on their 11th month.

Also I have applied for pre-approvals for a 300k home loan with multiple
lenders recently, they all approved my loan. So some people says getting multiple CCs and it will affect you when you get a loan is BS.

what is the difference between Qantas Amex Ultimate and amex platinum credit card? The only i see is the bonus points u get with the qantas ultimate.

So i think i will get the citibank gold no fee for life with which out of these three:

• Qantas Amex Ultimate
  • Amex Platinum
  • Bankwest Platinum Mastercard
Also i have seen the qantas ultimate fee waived for the first yr with 30000 points. is this deal still going or can u request it?

thanks =]

With Amex Plat, you can convert your points to various things, incl. Qantas. e.g. they currently have a promo with Virgin Blue where you get bonus points. If you had the QF Ultimate card, your points can only go to QF, and you might not be eligible for some of the other promos.

There is (or was) a slight difference in the city pairs available for the free flight, the platinum card offering a few extra sectors.

The platinum card gets you a free subscription to Travel and Leisure magazine

The only real benefit that Ultimate offers over Platinum is the extra points when spending on Qantas services.

windows said:
Also i have seen the qantas ultimate fee waived for the first yr with 30000 points. is this deal still going or can u request it?

thanks =]

At the moment if you apply by March 31 for the Ultimate card you can get up to 40000 points. You need to spend $5k before end of June for 32500, first card spend nets you 5000, and first card spend on Qantas gives you the remaining 2500.

American Express

To me that makes it more worthwhile than the Platinum card if you're going to spend the $5k anyway ;)

windows said:

As far as I am aware this was a targetted promotion, to various groups. I am not sure that it was a wide open for all to apply

I've been able to find information on the Citibank Gold Card, but nothing on "free for life" or "no fee" card. Can someone please enlighten me or give me a link?

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back