Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Best CC Concierge for International Bookings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcatcher

I'll be travelling to Japan in February and will be looking to book quite a few 3 Michelin starred restaurants. However as I am not staying at the absolute best hotels in Tokyo/Kyoto I suspect their concierge service will not be up to par. I read quite a few previous travellers who utilized Amex Platinum to book these restuarants without issue. The key issues are:

(1) They have to be able to book in Japanese (not english)
(2) They have to be really reliable - most of these restaurants only have one day to book and if you miss it you've missed out.

I personally do not believe that with Amex platinum's upped fee of $1.2k a year that it is worth it at all.

With that in mind - Does anyone have recommendations for a credit card that has a very good concierge service?

My guesses were

(1) Citibank - visa signature card - but don't know enough? (I read visa signature is on par with Amex platinum concierge)

I'll be travelling to Japan in February and will be looking to book quite a few 3 Michelin starred restaurants. However as I am not staying at the absolute best hotels in Tokyo/Kyoto I suspect their concierge service will not be up to par. I read quite a few previous travellers who utilized Amex Platinum to book these restuarants without issue. The key issues are:

(1) They have to be able to book in Japanese (not english)
(2) They have to be really reliable - most of these restaurants only have one day to book and if you miss it you've missed out.

I personally do not believe that with Amex platinum's upped fee of $1.2k a year that it is worth it at all.

With that in mind - Does anyone have recommendations for a credit card that has a very good concierge service?

My guesses were

(1) Citibank - visa signature card - but don't know enough? (I read visa signature is on par with Amex platinum concierge)
I have used Amex platinum concierge for 3 Michelin starred restaurants in Paris, Barclona & Rome,with not a problem,I can recommend Amex plat concierge.

Cheers M.P.

Dreamcatcher

Which Credit Card would you recommend for the Visa concierge service?

Is Citibank's Visa Infinite better than Visa Signature? or is it one and the same?

albyd

Established Member
I've found Citi Prestige concierge to be a cut above Visa signature which was the general APAC platinum line.

Still not in the same league as Amex platinum concierge.

Dreamcatcher

I've found Citi Prestige concierge to be a cut above Visa signature which was the general APAC platinum line.

Still not in the same league as Amex platinum concierge.
(1) I was under the imrpession that all visa platinum use the same concierge? So visa signature = visa platinum = visa infinite
(2) How do other concierges like Mastercard world elite stack up?

I would go with amex platinum, but the benefits just don't add up to anywhere close to $1.2k. Being a member of Accor Platinum and Qantas Platinum - the other benefits seem pretty weak.

ftm

I've had a good run with Amex Plat concierge for restaurants, including places in different time zones. Very reliable and good tables.

Probably one of the things they do best. Their other concierge services, including travel, I wouldn't be so complimentary!

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Excuse my naiveté, but do the CC concierge services charge a fee?

I have never had need to use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KidsplanetAcademy

Currently Active Users