Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum MC: 60K bonus / $149 AF / ends 15/06/18 (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin 2905

Seems to have started a couple of days ago. Noticed it on the Qantas card selector web site. Haven't seen it mentioned here yet....

A credit card with Qantas Points and premium benefits

50,000 BONUS QANTAS POINTS when you spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days of account opening. Enter the promotion code QANTAS into the application form to be eligible.

Terms & conditions
Offer commences 13 December 2017. To be eligible for the 50,000 bonus Qantas Points offer, you must apply for a new Bendigo Bank Qantas Card by 31 December 2017, be approved and spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days of opening your account. Everyday purchases exclude transactions Bendigo Bank decides are wholly or partly for gambling or gaming purchases. Applicants must enter the promotion code QANTAS into the application form to be eligible. Bendigo Bank may vary or end this offer at any time. Offer is only available when applying for a new Bendigo Bank Qantas Card through www.bendigobank.com.au. Offer is not available in branch or via Bendigo Bank call centre. Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another Bendigo Bank credit card account or in conjunction with any other Bendigo Bank offer. Minimum monthly repayments required. Points will be credited to your points balance within 3 months of meeting the spend criteria.

Don't find it an attractive proposition!:
Ineligible transactions are, for example, BPAY transactions, cash advances, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, cash equivalent transactions, business transactions, balance transfers, and transactions for gambling or gaming purposes, any fee or charge, including any government charges or duties, interest and finance charges payable or paid on your credit card, transactions which are disputed, fraudulent or involve the abuse or unauthorised use of your credit card and payments and purchases which are refunded or reimbursed

Don't find it an attractive proposition!:

Aww, come on kpc.....50,000 QFF points for $149 is a bargain!

I’d like to know how hard the application process is.

$0.0028381 / pt = akin to gifting pts.
Yes nice sign up bonus but there are better offers out there eg 75K QF pts and first year free for ANZ Black + 2 QF club passes. I was referring mainly to the lack of pts for ATO spend ;)

I've yet to decide if I'll throw my hat into the ring for this one or not, but I just kicked off the application process, to take a look anyway. It was all straight forward until the "Liabilities" section. For each credit card (and I currently have seven) they want to know "Lender", "Amount owing" and "Limit", which is easy enough, if not somewhat tedious, but then they want to know "Current monthly repayments" and "Your share of current monthly repayments". That would be easy enough if it was a mortgage or loan (I have neither), but like any sane person with a credit card (or, two, three, or whatever), I pay the full closing balance by the due date. :confused:

And yes, whilst there are some better offers out there at the moment, I've already picked the low hanging fruit and/or I'm waiting out the exclusion period.

Agree that it's not the best value for points on offer at the moment. In my view it's poor. But I'd be very concerned about this term:

'you must apply for a new Bendigo Bank Qantas Card by 31 December 2017, be approved and spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days of opening your account. '

It's not clear whether you just need to apply by December 31 or if you need to apply and be approved by that date. I have no experience with Bendigo Bank applications, but I'd be allowing 10 working days for your application to be processed. I make it 8 working days until December 31. Far too close for my liking.

Last edited:
If you hold any shares with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, you're entitled to a discount (PDF) on the annual fee for the card too, of $69. Certainly makes it an even more attractive proposition. Shares are currently trading for $11.44.

Could work for some. I do hold some shares in this company, but still am not tempted given the tight deadline.

Just be aware of this:

'To access any of these special privileges, eligible shareholders simply need to present the proof of share ownership and photo identification at any Bendigo Bank branch.'

If you don't live near a branch location the benefit is useless.

A quick look didn't reveal the minimum income requirement for this card, but although I do have BEN shares and am not that far from a branch, I don't think I'll bother because I expect that, like every other CC, the online application process will not be able to handle retirement income from multiple sources.

I’ll have to skip this offer. Hopefully they do a similar offer again later.

I'm tempted as I just spend some points... but I've only held shares for a couple weeks so I'm not sure when I will receive documents that will prove my ownership and get a discount on annual fee :p

I'm tempted as I just spend some points... but I've only held shares for a couple weeks so I'm not sure when I will receive documents that will prove my ownership and get a discount on annual fee :p
CHESS statements or similar usually come at the end of the trading month in my experience.

But a copy of the BUY contract note may be sufficient.

CHESS statements or similar usually come at the end of the trading month in my experience.

But a copy of the BUY contract note may be sufficient.

Thanks for the information. I'm very new to trading but decided it was about time I invested some money instead of letting it earn very small interest rates in my bank account – or worse (depending on your definition), spending it on status runs! :p

Discussion for another thread, but looking at a not too diverse portfolio with 100% franked stocks to not screw up my tax bill, despite its very small number.

Thanks for the information. I'm very new to trading but decided it was about time I invested some money instead of letting it earn very small interest rates in my bank account – or worse (depending on your definition), spending it on status runs! :p

Discussion for another thread, but looking at a not too diverse portfolio with 100% franked stocks to not screw up my tax bill, despite its very small number.

registries generally send out holding statements every fortnight (link or computershare)....

on the 2nd point, it can be better to have a higher return and pay some tax so dont limit yourself.....

Agree that it's not the best value for points on offer at the moment. In my view it's poor. But I'd be very concerned about this term:

'you must apply for a new Bendigo Bank Qantas Card by 31 December 2017, be approved and spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days of opening your account. '

It's not clear whether you just need to apply by December 31 or if you need to apply and be approved by that date. I have no experience with Bendigo Bank applications, but I'd be allowing 10 working days for your application to be processed. I make it 8 working days until December 31. Far too close for my liking.

I've been provisionally approved for this card this morning subject to income verification. I took the punt on this clause as the way I read it (based on the comma) was:

1. Apply by 31 December
2. Be approved
3. Spend $2500 within 90 days

I was recently rejected for the Qantas Premier deal, and "needed" a spend sign on bonus for upcoming body corp/insurances due early in the new year... and this seemed to be good value for what I have left to apply for.

I've been provisionally approved for this card this morning subject to income verification. I took the punt on this clause as the way I read it (based on the comma) was:

1. Apply by 31 December
2. Be approved
3. Spend $2500 within 90 days
You may be correct. But I'm a contract lawyer and your interpretation wasn't the only one I could see as being valid.

FOS unlikely to be of assistance in the interpretation of contractual terms.

Last edited:
I've been provisionally approved for this card this morning subject to income verification.

What did they ask for? Just Payslips or tax returns with first born child as security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back