beijing to shanghai | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

beijing to shanghai

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernard

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
14
like to book a flight from beijing to shanghai in feb 07. any idea how much it will cost and what site to look into? i was told that this period is somehow in the peak season and need to book early. thanks
 

Mr_Gimlet

Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
364
Bernard, the reason it is peak is because it will be Chinese new year. The issue is more likely to be availability than price. Zuji is normally quite good with internal chinese flights.
 

one9

Active Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
607
If it wasn't the peak season, you could always just book at your hotel reception.

Hotels in Beijing and Shanghai are great at organising domestic tickets, and if you are in a hurry, someone on a bike turns up half an hour later with the ticket.
 

bernard

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
14
Thanks for your assistance. I have managed to get someone living in Beijing to book on my behalf.
 

gaia

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
125
I recommend the train. Leaves at 19:30 & arrives at 07:30. Very comfortable sleeper bed costs less than A$100.
 

bernard

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
14
thanks Gaia, will consider it on my next visit. am press for time on this trip. can i book via internet? as this trip is during the chinese school and chinese new year break, i was told it is difficult to book at the last minute.
 

one9

Active Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
607
gaia said:
I recommend the train. Leaves at 19:30 & arrives at 07:30. Very comfortable sleeper bed costs less than A$100.
I DON'T recommend the train. It is quite a modern train, but:
1. It is about the same price as a discount plane ticket, but takes much longer.
2. I woke up in the morning, and having druken my water the previous night, I went to the bar to buy a bottle of water. They had ran out of all drinks (alchololic and soft drinks and water).
3. The meals are worse than plane meals.

But in saying that, one good thing is that it arrives in Shanghai city, rather than having to travel from the airport.
 

gaia

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
125
bernard said:
can i book via internet? as this trip is during the chinese school and chinese new year break, i was told it is difficult to book at the last minute.
No, I don't believe Internet possible. Paper ticket at office. Yes, diificult during holiday week.
 
Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

gaia

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
125
one9 said:
I DON'T recommend the train. It is quite a modern train, but:
1. It is about the same price as a discount plane ticket, but takes much longer.
2. I woke up in the morning, and having druken my water the previous night, I went to the bar to buy a bottle of water. They had ran out of all drinks (alchololic and soft drinks and water).
3. The meals are worse than plane meals.

But in saying that, one good thing is that it arrives in Shanghai city, rather than having to travel from the airport.
1. Timing debatable. Leaving and arriving at city centres overnight takes no time out of schedule. Not the same as 2-3 hours at the front and back end of each flight during the day.
2. True, usually all drinks sold out before midnight. Plan ahead.
3. True. Take vegemite sandwiches.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,294
Messages
2,079,394
Members
53,696
Latest member
emmashiralee
Top