Bankwest reduces rate from 16 may | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Bankwest reduces rate from 16 may

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johninperth

I just noticed the rate on platinum cards has reduced from 1:1 to 0.75:1. Has anyone else noticed this?
I messaged BW and they sent the following
"Effective from Friday May 16th 2014, the earn rate for new Qantas
Platinum Mastercards is decreasing to 0.75 Qantas points per $1.00"
And that my 1:1 rate would remain extant.

burmans

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I just noticed the rate on platinum cards has reduced from 1:1 to 0.75:1. Has anyone else noticed this?
I messaged BW and they sent the following
"Effective from Friday May 16th 2014, the earn rate for new Qantas
Platinum Mastercards is decreasing to 0.75 Qantas points per $1.00"
And that my 1:1 rate would remain extant.
You've gotta love advanced notice.

deejo77

*&^% this was next on my hit list to get..............it just lost a lot of its value for me

Pleb Status

AFF Supporter
Although existing card holders are grandfathered at this stage, I do not think it will be long before we are 'enhanced' to 0.75 points per AUD.

WeeGraeme

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I noticed it the other day. I currently have a Woolworths Qantas CC, but I've just found out that they've sold their business to Macquarie Bank. I choose not to have a business relationship with Macquarie Bank, so I'll be looking for another card. I'd researched the Bankwest card a while bank and was half way through the sign-up when I noticed the changed earn rate. Time to find someone else now. They'll also lose my deposit business. I was in the process of transferring that over too.

FrankC

Something has to give. Transaction fees remain the same. The banks cannot continue to pay out points at the current rate. Or can they?
I hope they continue for existing card members :D

severus

To anyone who has Bankwest no foreign transaction fee credit card, how's the exchange rate like compared to citi debit plus/28 degree mastercard? Thinking of using it for overseas spend. Even with reduced point earn, it may be better than nothing.

Pleb Status

AFF Supporter
To anyone who has Bankwest no foreign transaction fee credit card, how's the exchange rate like compared to citi debit plus/28 degree mastercard? Thinking of using it for overseas spend. Even with reduced point earn, it may be better than nothing.
I have the Bankwest QF Platinum card and have found the FX rate to be right on the MasterCard wholesale FX rate. So they do not appear to be taking an 'additional hidden' FX fee.

https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/

opusman

AFF Supporter
My latest Bankwest statement has a note that the rate will be dropping to 0.75 pts / $ from November :(

Time to look for another card... do I really want to go back to Woolies??

akeno

My latest Bankwest statement has a note that the rate will be dropping to 0.75 pts / $ from November :(

Time to look for another card... do I really want to go back to Woolies??
Best to hold onto the card as I spoke with a representative that said a new card would be launched soon to coincide with these changes. So you don't have to go back to Woolies :D

Isochronous

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Best to hold onto the card as I spoke with a representative that said a new card would be launched soon to coincide with these changes. So you don't have to go back to Woolies :D
Wonder what the new card will be like and if existing holders of the QF Plat can migrate automatically.

FrankC

Wonder what the new card will be like and if existing holders of the QF Plat can migrate automatically.
Pure speculation - I think it would be QF black & hope that they will give this free as part of the packaged homeloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamolhaaaa