Status
Not open for further replies.

kamchatsky

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
The Platinum card looks pretty good to me and 20K bonus points, and annual fee of $99:

Rewards Credit Cards & Frequent Flyer Credit Cards - Qantas MasterCard - Bankwest

Earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer Point for every $1

• new Platinum credit card customers can earn 20,000 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points after first eligible spend^
  • earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point per $1 you spend[SUP]$[/SUP] on eligible purchases
  • higher levels of airline travel and accident insurance cover than our Gold card
  • 24/7 concierge hotline to help you arrange travel, entertainment, shopping and medical services
  • no foreign exchange fees

[SUP]^[/SUP]Introductory bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer: The number of bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points is 20,000 for Bankwest Qantas Platinum MasterCards, 10,000 for Gold cards and 5,000 for Classic cards. The Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer is only available to new customers who apply and are approved for a Bankwest Qantas MasterCard. The bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points will be credited at the end of the 2 month period provided the first eligible purchase is made within 2 month from account open date.These points are subject to change. Bonus points are not available for existing Bankwest credit cards. Bonus points will contribute to the annual points cap.

I applied online and despite meeting all the criteria, it was going to approve me the 5000 point card !

Have loaded Mrscove's card twice to 200k of points so it is out of use for another 10 months. When I get back to Perth next week I think I may apply for a card for myself as $99 is pretty reasonable.

I applied tonight and was offered the platinum card. I can definitely use 20K QFF points as most of my c/c spend to date has been going to Singapore airlines.

Yes I won't get the bonus points either so ask for a free card would be the idea. We did get the card fee reversed at start up when there were no bonus points given.

Don't forget to take screen shots showing the bonus available - just in case anything goes wrong

There's a cap?

200K points:
Qantas mastercard small print
http://www.bankwest.com.au/library/pdf/PDS_20120629-163837.pdf

Also note though:
Points are earned on all purchases made
using the Card Account except:
• cash advances;
• Balance Transfers;
• interest charges;
• credit fees and charges
• bank fees and charges;
• transactions we decide are
disputed due to being fraudulent or
which involve an abuse of your Card
Account
foreign exchange purchases;
• travellers cheques;
• all purchases for gaming or
gambling transactions including
gambling chip purchases and
online gambling purchases;
• Government charges (other than
GST payable in connection with the
purchase of goods or services on
which you earn Points);
• Credit card protection insurance;
• Business Related Expenses; and
• any other transactions which from time to time may be excluded by us

200K points:
Qantas mastercard small print
http://www.bankwest.com.au/library/pdf/PDS_20120629-163837.pdf

Also note though:
Points are earned on all purchases made
using the Card Account except:
• cash advances;
• Balance Transfers;
• interest charges;
• credit fees and charges
• bank fees and charges;
• transactions we decide are
disputed due to being fraudulent or
which involve an abuse of your Card
Account
foreign exchange purchases;
• travellers cheques;
• all purchases for gaming or
gambling transactions including
gambling chip purchases and
online gambling purchases;
• Government charges (other than
GST payable in connection with the
purchase of goods or services on
which you earn Points);
• Credit card protection insurance;
• Business Related Expenses; and
• any other transactions which from time to time may be excluded by us

Thanks edison. That truly looks like a decent card from the CBA group. I'll say better than Jetstar card with its 100k cap.

I thought forex purchases were a common exception (being cash and all)

Just a note on this. I applied over the phone and was approved with a credit limit under the $8k minimum required for Platinum, but I told the sales guy it was Platinum or nothing so they escalated internally and approved a higher amount subsequently. Worth trying given the tiny $10 p.a. fee difference with Gold.

I thought forex purchases were a common exception (being cash and all)
I have found this too except with the HSBC Qantas Visa which give 2 points / $ on forex purchase and one in AUD. Has a $199 annual fee and 2 Qantas Club passes pa with the card - sometimes the have bonus sign-on points.

Is this the card to replace a CBA PLAT(bloody family member will not leave CBA credit cards grrrrr)
Looking to convince when they are informed this card will give points for BPAY and is $200 cheaper!
Is there a Sup card?

I applied tonight and was offered the platinum card. I can definitely use 20K QFF points as most of my c/c spend to date has been going to Singapore airlines.

They have a very fast turnaround. I have already got my card and other paperwork. It's only been a week since I applied.

They have a very fast turnaround. I have already got my card and other paperwork. It's only been a week since I applied.

**sigh** Already a hiccup and a major one at that.

I was online yesterday setting up an online presence and entering my QFF number...err...there's nowhere to put it. After looking online it seems I have been issued the wrong card and wrong account. I was given the "More Rewards" account and not the QFF one.

I spoke with the someone in the call centre today and they confirmed there are cases where even if you select the QFF card 'apply now' button, the application reverts to the More Rewards one.

The solution is I need to complete a variation in contract form which they action in a couple of days. The issue I need to keep an eye on now is ensuring I still get the bonus points since technically I am no longer a "new" customer. :(

20,000 points for $99 on a Plat card is good considering HSBC Plat is $100 extra.

Two questions:

1) No fees on forex purchases - does this mean it is going to offer 28Deg style market rates on overseas purchases? If so a handy addition for travellers, and with the attraction of points - or do they just mean no "commission" which is really compensated for with coughpy exchange rates?
2) 0% p.a. intro purchase rate for 6 months - does this mean I can spend up to my credit limit and not pay for 6 months without incurring interest? If so that's really attractive too.

Also can someone tell me - do they do 100 points of ID online? I'm currently overseas until late December but will return again in second week of Jan so was hoping to get the card in time for the next jaunt overseas!

I also assume that new BankWest customers only means CCs, and that having the Telenet Online Saver won't stop me from having one?

Applied for this card a couple of months ago when the annual fee was $220 and 6000 bonus points. Does anyone think it's possible to get at least the annual fee reduced as I paid more then double what it is now??

20,000 points for $99 on a Plat card is good considering HSBC Plat is $100 extra.

Two questions:

1) No fees on forex purchases - does this mean it is going to offer 28Deg style market rates on overseas purchases? If so a handy addition for travellers, and with the attraction of points - or do they just mean no "commission" which is really compensated for with coughpy exchange rates?

I was going to apply for one and is trying to find out if it is market rate or some other coughpy rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back