Bankwest More World Mastercard- loungekey?

palpal

Hello everyone,

Need some collective advice from experience

The Bankwest More World Mastercard comes with 10 x Loungekey visits.
It is not clear if these are JUST for the card holder and guests need to pay (like priority pass)
or are they including guests meaning can guests who are accompanying the card holder use one of the loungekey visits.

I have read on other forums dating back to 2017 that if card holder brings in 2 guests, that is considered 3 loungekey visits and nothing is payable
unless you exceed 10 'visits' .

Is that true?

Good question - I just had a look at the Bankwest and LoungeKey websites and couldn't work out the answer either.

I wonder if anyone here knows?

I've held this card for a few years and used it for multiple lounge visits. You can take guests in, but each person entering counts as one of your ten free annual entries. So if you're always going in with 1 guest, that works out to 5 free visits each year.
An interesting thing to note is that each time you enter, the entry shows up on your card as a pending charge. It sits there for 14 days and then disappears if it's covered by your free entries (presumable the transaction gets settled if you've run out of freebies).

Oh, I forgot to mention - check the changes on the Bankwest website. They are removing the 115,000 annual bonus points at the end of the year. That's a real loss as those points basically covered the annual fee.

Thanks
was just about to apply and realised as you said the bonus points are being discontinued. That’s a no go for me. Thanks the the headsup

Can someone who has this card please let me know how much a point is worth? I see that you earn 2.5 points per dollar spent and that points only seem to be able to be used for gift cards or cashback. But I can't see how much a gift card costs so can't work out the points value? Cheers

I found out that points are worth $0.25 / each for cashback/giftcards which means its basically a 0.625% cashback card. (vs. the Qantas version which is 0.5 points per $ after the first $5000 spending per month)

Just received this from Bankwest regarding my More World Mastercard.

Good news, from 1 December 2023, we’re changing from LoungeKey to Mastercard Travel Pass. This means your Bankwest More World Mastercard™ will now give you access to the largest global airport lounge provider, so you can wait for your flight in style.

It's a bit confusing. Mastercard Travel Pass is tied to Dragonpass while Mastercard Airport Experience is tied to Loungekey which in turn is tied to Collinson/Priority Pass. Dragonpass' range of lounges is narrower than Priority Pass (meaning this is a bit of a downgrade on Bankwest's part). Otherwise, they're more or less the same.

(As I don't have Loungekey, I'm not sure whether the dining options offered by Priority Pass are also available on Loungekey. If they do, then Dragonpass is an even bigger downgrade as it does not offer this.)

It's a bit confusing. Mastercard Travel Pass is tied to Dragonpass while Mastercard Airport Experience is tied to Loungekey which in turn is tied to Collinson/Priority Pass. Dragonpass' range of lounges is narrower than Priority Pass (meaning this is a bit of a downgrade on Bankwest's part). Otherwise, they're more or less the same.

(As I don't have Loungekey, I'm not sure whether the dining options offered by Priority Pass are also available on Loungekey. If they do, then Dragonpass is an even bigger downgrade as it does not offer this.)

I found that the LoungeKey dining options were basically the same as PP.

I found that the LoungeKey dining options were basically the same as PP.
I was toying with getting this card for the 10 lounge entries (as there are better options to accrue points for airlines - this is basically a 0.55% cashback card) safe in the knowledge I could also use the dining options so it's disappointing to learn that you're basically going to be stuck using the card at third party contract lounges.

Do you still get 10 free entries? With guests also able to use one of the free entries?

Do you still get 10 free entries? With guests also able to use one of the free entries?
Keen to know if this has changed also. Looking at getting this card to use on an upcoming trip and 10 passes would cover the 5 times we need a lounge visit perfectly

Back