Bank of Melbourne - KF Devaluation (Need urgent advice)

shoziqff

Hey folks,
I just got my new Bank Of Melbourne Amplify Rewards Signature CC today - specifically for churning KF miles. Was researching about the best usage of KF Miles and just came across regarding the unfortunate announcement of the Amplify points to KF Miles devaluation, from 2:1 to 3:1 respectively as of 31 July 2023. I initially applied to this CC with the conversion rate of 2:1 in mind (planning to churn 75k KF miles from the 150k Amplify points) and after hearing this announcement, I am currently in need of some thoughts and advices.

With this devaluation in place, I would only be able to obtain 50,000 KF miles in total - and I am not sure if this is entirely worth it. Considering to just swap to BoM Amplify Qantas (with 90k bonus qantas points).

Questions:
  1. Would it even be possible for me to swap Amplify Rewards Signature to Amplify Qantas Signature AND retain the Qantas bonus points offer? I know that its possible to swap Amplify Rewards Signature to Amplify Qantas Signature for the points earned for everyday transactions, but I am not sure that the bonus points offer will get inherited in the swap (keep in mind that I have just received my card today and have not receive any bonus points for the Amplify Rewards Signature - which is 150,000 Amplify points for 12k spend within 12 months).

2. I also currently hold 500k Qantas points in QFF and 0 KF Miles. Do you guys think its much better off to keep the card as it is and obtain the bonus 50,000 KF miles given it's quite hard to find classic reward flights in Qantas nowadays OR swap it to the Amplify Qantas Signature which will bump my qantas points balance by 90,000 (keep in mind the qantas signature terms to get bonus points is spending 6k within 3 months compared to 12k within 12 months)?
My personal opinion is to swap to the the Amplify Qantas Signature if the bonus points inheritance is POSSIBLE, but I would love to hear advices and thoughts from other frequent flyer advocates. Appreciate the read and reply. Thanks in advance :)!

Cheers

Can I please ask everyone's experience about the time it takes for the BOM Signature card to be delivered once the application is approved. I would like to plan all my upcoming big ticket charges to meet the minimum spend criteria at the earliest. Thanks

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back