Bangkok Transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

stroudie

Intern
I will be flying Thai Air economy class Sydney/Moscow in July, unfortunately I have to transit in Bangkok overnight, Moscow connection departs 10-25am next day.
I do not want to stay in the new airport hotel (too expensive) & I think that the Louis Tavern "day" rooms are also expensive for the few short hours you book.Can anyone assist me with suggestions as to where I might be able to stay in the airport ? I kow that Thai have lounges for 1st & Business class, but have not had any luck with Economy class. All I want is to be able to shower & get some sleep before making my connection next morning.
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Stroudie

JohnK

Veteran Member
Your best bet would be to get out of the airport and into a hotel. Which hotel? Take your pick!

The Dynasty Inn is OK. I stayed there in December. Rooms are OK and are priced at 1280 Baht (~$50AUD). The taxi trip should not be more than 30 minutes. Return taxi trip should cost around 600 baht (~$23AUD).

jasonja3

stroudie said:
I do not want to stay in the new airport hotel (too expensive)

I have found booking through the usual asiarooms.com etc it is very expensive, however, expedia.com usually has a deal for US$110 (AUS$142), which I think is very reasonable, and it is quite a nice place. I use the US site as expedia.com.au some times does not have the cheap deals, in fact I have seen it as expesnive as AUS$400+ per night!! I hope this helps you, good luck!

Kiwi Flyer

The current BA promotion has discounted hotel rates. Not sure if it can be bought separately, although seemed to allow adding it later than ticket purchase so I guess could be bought separately.

On BA australia home page check out current offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austro22

Staff online