Baggage transfer from SQ to QF | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Baggage transfer from SQ to QF

Status
Not open for further replies.

sng1971

Intern
Hi everyone,

I will be arriving in Singapore from KL on SQ (terminal 2) then departing on QF to Melbourne from (terminal 1) later that day.

Does anyone know if I can book my luggage all the way through to MEL at KL? Or do I have to collect my luggage, go through customs/immigration then re check in at the Qantas terminal. The flights were booked separately - not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Keith009

AFF Supporter
Yes you ought to be able to check bags straight through to MEL as both carriers have an interline agreement for baggage.

As the bookings are on separate tickets, you would have to walk to the transfer desk at T1 to collect your QF boarding pass.

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
QF009 said:
As the bookings are on separate tickets, you would have to walk to the transfer desk at T1 to collect your QF boarding pass.
Even if on the one ticket, its likely that the QF boarding pass will not be able to be issued at KUL and would still need to be collected at SIN. That is most certainly the case with MH->QF connections there, where the bags are tagged through but BP is still collected at SIN.

Keith009

AFF Supporter
In general, SQ is very good with issuing interline boarding passes with non-alliance partners. Heaps better than MH anyway. I've had SQ/KLM, SQ/BA, and SQ/QF combos where SQ issued all the onward BPs.

Now don't ask me what I was doing on KLM...:oops: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harveyd