BA or QF from LHR to HKG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer

Established Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
1,429
Points
405
I am flying from LHR to HKG at the end of my DONE4 in 3 weeks, before HKG to SYD on QF.

I am currently booked on a mid-evening BA flight from LHR to HKG, but I can waitlist for the single QF flight, at midday. The timing of the BA flight suits me slightly more than a midday QF flight, but as it's a 12-hour flight comfort is also important.

I don't know whether the BA flight will have the New Club World seats. Should I waitlist for QF or take my chances with the BA flight?
 
Combining a phone charger and phone holder our Magnetic Wireless Car Phone Charger quickly charges your phone while driving without tangled cords!

Suitable for car dashboard air vent installation, our wireless phone charger makes phone calls and GPS navigation easier more convenient.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,456
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
CS252 consistently has the new CX business class with lie-flat seats.
 

Homer

Established Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
1,429
Points
405
Thanks NM. Is it only CS252 that consistently has the new product? The timing of CS250 would suit me better. Not that there is any D showing on either flight - though it seems there is plenty of J - so if I am going to waitlist then I would prefer to waitlist for CS250.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,456
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Homer said:
Thanks NM. Is it only CS252 that consistently has the new product? The timing of CS250 would suit me better. Not that there is any D showing on either flight - though it seems there is plenty of J - so if I am going to waitlist then I would prefer to waitlist for CS250.
yes, only CX252 at the moment. Its pretty popular in J for that reason.
 

Homer

Established Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
1,429
Points
405
Do you know of any out of CDG, for example CS262 (though that's an A340) or CS260? I am actually transitting back from CDG through to LHR but at the cost of about 40 SCs it would be easier for me to change that to a CDG-HKG routing.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,456
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Homer said:
Do you know of any out of CDG, for example CS262 (though that's an A340) or CS260? I am actually transitting back from CDG through to LHR but at the cost of about 40 SCs it would be easier for me to change that to a CDG-HKG routing.
No, CX260 and CX262 are still the only business class product in the timeframe of your trip. I have no idea when they will convert to the new product.
 

Homer

Established Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
1,429
Points
405
Thanks NM. I'll waitlist for CS252 and keep my fingers crossed. :)
 

Homer

Established Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
1,429
Points
405
Actually NM...if I don't happen to get the CX flight, in your opinion should I waitlist for QF or just stick with BA?
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,456
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Homer said:
Actually NM...if I don't happen to get the CX flight, in your opinion should I waitlist for QF or just stick with BA?
I would take the one with the best schedule.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,550
Messages
2,151,511
Members
54,549
Latest member
gtechautorepair

Currently Active Users

Top