BA or Cathay Business to London?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by evilcc, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. evilcc

evilcc Newbie

Jul 31, 2007
    We are going to be flying Sydney -> London on Business Class in late August, all paid for by work, and have a choice between flying Qantas/BA via Singapore, or Cathay via Hong Kong.

Just wondering, in terms of quality of business class and the airport lounge, which option is the go?

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I would go on CX since
    (a) it can be done on a day flight to HKG, overnight and continue in the morning to LHR and so avoids an overnight service
    (b) CX provides car transfer service on arrival in and departure from London up to 42 driven miles
    (c) if you can get a 74A, the new business class looks good with horizontal bed seats

If you don't go CX, then I'd go for BA since it has horizontal bed seats

I would only choose QF if you cannot get either of the others

Dave

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Or if you have sufficient QF FF status and QF FF points to consider an upgrade to F. otherwise I agree with your recommendations.

4. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    I am going to be different and say the QF skybeds are better than the older CX and BA products (not tried new clubworld and the CX J). One of the reasons is there more length in the seat/bed.

But for me the Flights by Dave Noble and the CX lounge would see be the best option i think since it sounds like you do not have OW status to get access to any lounge anyway.

E