Ba Lhr - Syd Via Sing Aircraft Change | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Ba Lhr - Syd Via Sing Aircraft Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBH

Hi All,

Just noticed BA has changed it's aircraft on it BA15 route LHR-SING-SYD from the trusty 747-400 to 777-200.

I hold J class booking and went online to change my return BA16 flight SYD-LHR seat scheduled early Jan 2007 to find the seating plan had changed (27/05).

For those that enjoy the upper deck - beware this changed BA 15/16 service.

As far as Iam aware BA's service SYD-BANGKOK-LHR will still use 747-400's

Anyone else noticed this yet? Or when BA officially begin this change & perhaps why???

QFF Plat

Yada Yada

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. I was due to travel SYD-SIN-SYD late August but will probably have to push this back to later in the year. Although I'm booked in F so hopefully not much change. ;)

Dave Noble

Yada Yada said:
Thanks for the heads up. I was due to travel SYD-SIN-SYD late August but will probably have to push this back to later in the year. Although I'm booked in F so hopefully not much change. ;)
I can't see how it makes any odds at all; the seats on the 777 are identical to those on the 747

Dave

Yada Yada

Established Member
Dave Noble said:
I can't see how it makes any odds at all; the seats on the 777 are identical to those on the 747
That's what I was saying - probably not much different given that I am turning left. However I assume that there may be a difference in cabin layout, but again no big deal. When I get around to changing it I will go to "manage your booking" and select the one I want anyway. :D

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Don't you turn right for F on a 777?

The joy of turning left is mainly a 747 thing.

Yada Yada, I think in the timeframe you are hoping to go to SIN vv, it will still be a 747.

Yada Yada

Established Member
Mal said:

Yada Yada, I think in the timeframe you are hoping to go to SIN vv, it will still be a 747.
Mal - you're probably right. I really don't know as I've only ever flown in J on a 777.

Dave Noble

Mal said:

Depends on the door being used

Dave

NM

Flights
My Map
AA generally use door 2L for boarding their 777 aircraft, so F passengers to indeed manage to turn left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Namik