BA Domestic Seating | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

BA Domestic Seating

Status
Not open for further replies.

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,740
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Does anyone have any knowledge or preferences with regard to seating on BA A319 & A320 a/c used internally within the UK?

The aircraft is all Y seating configuration.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,740
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Thanks Dave,

I've looked at the seat maps previously and thought I'd ask in case someone had a personal experience. (good or bad)

We're only talking about 1:20 flight so no big bikkies.
 
Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
straitman said:
Thanks Dave,

I've looked at the seat maps previously and thought I'd ask in case someone had a personal experience. (good or bad)

We're only talking about 1:20 flight so no big bikkies.
Anything in the section of the plane in the area marked "Club Europe or Euro Traveller" is decent with a 34" pitch. The best seats are the exit rows plus row 1. Avoid the rows at the back of the plane marked "Euro Traveller" since they have a 31" pitch.

Being a domestic flight, there is no Club Europe cabin so all the plane will be available to economy

Dave
 

Tooner

Active Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
759
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
If I remember correctly, Dave's view on the seats at the back is correct. We were in Row 13 (I think) as we had a 9 month old, and the seats weren't too bad there. We had all three seats, however (2 adults, 1 child and an infant).
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,740
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Tooner said:
If I remember correctly, Dave's view on the seats at the back is correct. We were in Row 13 (I think) as we had a 9 month old, and the seats weren't too bad there. We had all three seats, however (2 adults, 1 child and an infant).
Thanks Tooner
 

spiggy_topes

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
161
Don't get caught the way I did a few months ago. I needed an internal flight from London to Glasgow and booked it from the Qantas site using points. The site offered business class and economy seats on the BA aircraft, and I went for the business class option, thinking it would be the same sort of arrangement as they have here. Mistake! 16,000 points for a very ordinary seat, indistinguishable from economy (athough it was close to the front).
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
spiggy_topes said:
Don't get caught the way I did a few months ago. I needed an internal flight from London to Glasgow and booked it from the Qantas site using points. The site offered business class and economy seats on the BA aircraft, and I went for the business class option, thinking it would be the same sort of arrangement as they have here. Mistake! 16,000 points for a very ordinary seat, indistinguishable from economy (athough it was close to the front).
eeep... u dont want to do that again ( unless no status/ruby and prepared to pay 8000 points for lounge access )

You woulda had the same forward seat even with economy. The BA system , I believe, offers business class availability for awards primarily for those connecting onwards in business class to provide greater availability.

On the plus side with BA for paid tickets, buy a full fare domestic ticket and since they use business class booking codes , you can get business status credits on an economy fare

Dave
 

Tooner

Active Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
759
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I'd have to say that BA domestic / Europe is more like Jetstar than QF or City Flyer. From what I observed, being at the front is all Club Europe gets you.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Tooner said:
I'd have to say that BA domestic / Europe is more like Jetstar than QF or City Flyer. From what I observed, being at the front is all Club Europe gets you.
On domestic, there is no business class; I have not seen a hot breakfast on QF domestic in economy for a while whilst I have had it on BA

I disagree about the description for European; although not as nice as QF business, you do get a wider seat, lounge access, better meals and drinks services.

Dave
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Dave Noble said:
On domestic, there is no business class; I have not seen a hot breakfast on QF domestic in economy for a while whilst I have had it on BA

I disagree about the description for European; although not as nice as QF business, you do get a wider seat, lounge access, better meals and drinks services.

Dave
Same here on my BA club europe flights.
 

Tooner

Active Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
759
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Dave Noble said:
On domestic, there is no business class; I have not seen a hot breakfast on QF domestic in economy for a while whilst I have had it on BA

I disagree about the description for European; although not as nice as QF business, you do get a wider seat, lounge access, better meals and drinks services.

Dave
Dave, I stand corrected. I must admit it was on a flight to Amsterdam, and I only caught a glimpse when walking past!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,309
Messages
2,080,505
Members
53,717
Latest member
akirp
Top