BA baggage changes outrages charities

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by Dave Noble, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    The new baggage allowance changes on BA from tuesday now making news

Full article at BA to charge £120 for each extra suitcase | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Dave

2. Febs

Febs Established Member

Aug 15, 2006
    HKG
    Does anyone know if BA will enforce this for baggage that is checked through from another airline?

I've always wondered about this - whenever I've flown Qantas (with whom I have extra allowance), I've never had a problem with my bags being checked through to my final destination, even if the connecting flights are on other (OW) airlines like BA, and I'm well over their allowance. (Perhaps I shouldn't admit this, but I once got 37kg checked through from Czech Republic to SYD, and that included a short flight on a prop plane :oops:).

I'd imagine enforcing the penalty in a situation like this would be a somewhat difficult thing to achieve. Would they "hold your bags ransom" until you paid up?

Cheers,
    - Febs.

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    iirc, BA will be informing interline partners of the new restrictions and that they will be charging to the originating port when excess fees are not collected for interlined luggage

Dave