Awesome new Diners offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin747

Hey, 1st time poster here

Just received an email from Qantas offering an ongoing uncapped 2 pts per dollar Diners Card. The 2 pts lasts forever, so long as I pay an "annual premium fee" of $145 every year on top of my normal fees.
Sounded like a lot - that's $145 + $55 rewards fee + $95 mbrship fee = $295

But looking on the qantas site, the amex ultimate card only offers 1.5 pts ongoing uncapped, and that's $450!

So, what's the catch??

it won't let me post the link to the qantas page the email directs me to (new user and all) but happy to share if you wanna send me a msg

So, what's the catch??

I guess the catch is the lack of merchants that accept Diners which may or may not be a problem. I guess Diners are trying also to get back into teh game as they have been quite quiet for a while now.

I guess the catch is the lack of merchants that accept Diners which may or may not be a problem. I guess Diners are trying also to get back into teh game as they have been quite quiet for a while now.

They need to do something. Actually I did read that they were going to get more aggressive, and this was the reason they were closing the Melbourne ops centre and moving ops into the Citibank card ops in Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back