Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Award Flights

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Bethan, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Bethan

Bethan Newbie

Jul 6, 2002
    An aquaintance of mine had 2 seats on a flight to Denpasar, which had been booked for some time, they were informed that these seats were not available any more[just before they were to leave] and had to choose another date, or use the points for another country. Has anyone else heard of any similar stories. I Have seats booked myself, for next May.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. Robert

Robert Junior Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    That doesn't sound right to me! Once a booking is confirmed (be it on frequent flyer points or not) is cannot be withdrawn. If I was your acquaintance I would follow it up directly with the airline concerned.

3. bernard

bernard Junior Member

Jul 18, 2002
    were your friends using ff points or did they purchase tickets? if latter and full price is not paid, it can happen.

4. wombat

wombat Newbie

Jul 19, 2002
    Not possible

This is not possible - unless all your friend did is look to see if flights were available and then did not book them...

If they were ticketed, then the airlines has to get them to Bali...

This story does not ring true!

5. Baysider

Baysider Active Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Brisbane
    I agree with all the other replies - the airline cannot do that. A booking once ticketed is irrevocable. Frequent Flyer tickets are no different to bought tickets after ticketing. The only exception would be if that flight was cancelled, but the airline would still be required to arrange travel for all passengers on the same day as the original flight.