Avianca Lifemiles sell Gold Star Alliance status for $2200

Discussion in 'Airline Frequent Flyer Programs' started by juddles, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. juddles

juddles Established Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Sth America
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    G´day everyone, not sure if this has been highlighted in the fórum yet. I only stumbled across it while playing with their site. But essentially Lifemiles sell a year of Gold status for a simple $2200 USD payment.

I have seen the interest in the Lifemiles program due to their good points purchase/Star Alliance redemption scheme. I have also spent the last few years in Colombia doing a lot of Avianca flights as a Gold member (I earnt it, not purchased!) I suspect that this being an Aussie fórum, it is those Star Alliance redemptions that are the attraction of the program. Because as far as the alleged ¨unlimited upgrades¨etc on the Aviance network, those simply do not work :/

But in any case, for those who wish to attain a useful status level with a major Alliance, spending $2200 cash is actually not a bad way to do it.

But you don´t get to do those ridiculous status runs ;)

(P.S. if I missed a thread on this, someone please just delete this - have been ¨offline¨ and out of touch due to too much work for the last couple of years!)

2. TomVexille

TomVexille Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2013
    Melbourne
    Interesting concept.

As a comparison I earnt my *G status with just over $3k spend

3. zainman

zainman Established Member

Jan 31, 2012
    MEL & KHI
    This has been posted before in one of the LM threads..

4. Kefci2000

Kefci2000 Established Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Melbourne and Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    OR

just get it for free with TK Status Match! :cool:

5. zainman

Jan 31, 2012
    MEL & KHI
    If you have some sort of status with other airlines then yes but this could be good for someone who is perhaps starting out?

6. DC3

DC3 Established Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I would if TK would provide me with a second status match once the current one expires in a few months? Probably not.

7. zainman

Jan 31, 2012
    MEL & KHI
    Make a new membership number with TK and apply again, I know I would take that chance and would not be surprised if they did match again.

8. ETA_2015

ETA_2015 Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Melbourne
    How did you do that?

9. TomVexille

TomVexille Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2013
    Melbourne
    Fly UA and credit to OZ.

10. Cynicor

Cynicor Established Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Mine was $3200 J PER-NRT return on TG, credited to A3. got enouhg points to redeem a J CDG-IST one way on Turkish too, which was retailing for $1200!

11. TomVexille

TomVexille Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2013
    Melbourne
    Hasn't the A3 program been "enhanced"?

12. Cynicor

Cynicor Established Member

Jun 13, 2007
    It has now, especially for retention. Not sure whether obtaining status is much hard or not. You probably have to actually fly on A3 now!

13. ETA_2015

ETA_2015 Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Melbourne
    #13 ETA_2015, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Um, shouldn't A3 be A4 as it's American Airlines AAdvantage, isn't it?;)

All these abbreviations are a nightmare for us newbies, especially when people use shorthand for an abbreviation such as AAA becoming A3. I shouldn't have to think this hard to read simple english (my first language).

Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

Edit: If you're talking about Aegean, it's just my luck it's not listed in BlacKnox's post in the Abbreviations and explanations thread.

14. yohy?!

yohy?! Established Member

Nov 30, 2009
    HKG
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    To upgrade from Silver to the Gold Tier, all you need to do is fly Aegean or Olympic Air at least four times and earn 24,000 Tier Miles within 12 months or collect a total 48,000 Tier Miles, regardless of which airline you choose to fly with.

To retain your Gold Tier, you have a fixed 12-month period from the date of your upgrade or renewal of your tier to collect 12,000 Tier Miles, including 4 flights with Aegean and/or Olympic Air, or collect a total of 24,000 Tier Miles, regardless of which airline you choose to fly with

15. TomVexille

TomVexille Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2013
    Melbourne
    Correct, Aegean. Used to be the easiest (for most) path to *G status.

16. Cruiser Elite

Cruiser Elite Senior Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Melburn
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hey Admin - are you guys reading this? See this snip I just took of top of AFF page:

Admin.JPG

Any consideration given to adding a link to Abbreviations Page under the Quick Links tab?

• Like Like x 3
  17. bismarck

bismarck Established Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    A sound idea...

18. ETA_2015

ETA_2015 Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Melbourne
    #18 ETA_2015, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    I know it a bit harder, but perhaps the first person in the thread to use an abbreviation could do so like this:

Hasn't the Aegean Airlines (A3) program been "enhanced"?

Though, ideally there would be a much more comprehensive list of 'official' abbreviations that get this treatment (WP) when written.

19. ermen

ermen Established Member

Oct 9, 2010
    HKG (was SYD/PER)
    hi welcome to aff.

we never use abbreviation of airlines or programs as it creates too much confusion. so AAA (american airlines aadvantage or whatever) is seldom used (but then again why do we use LM for lifemiles and MPC for marco polo club hahaha)

instead we use the official iata airline designator (i must admit I sometimes need to google the less common ones)

So A3 = aegean airlines
    tk = turkish
    aa = american airlines
    AND singapore airlines = SQ (not SA!)

etc etc...

hope that goes some way to introducing the speak!

20. opusman

opusman Established Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    If you're ever in doubt about abbreviations just ask AustraliaPoochie :)

• Like Like x 3