Avianca "Lifemiles" - Questions and Discussion | Page 429 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Avianca "Lifemiles" - Questions and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomy

Is it still possible to cancel Lifemiles redemptions up to 12 months after you booked?

I deliberately missed a flight in order to have a few extra days away and am only just now considering calling them to cancel the booking, changing flight was no good as availability was non existent at the short notice.
Yes, still possible. I called recently to cancel redemption fairly close to departure and organise refund but it was outside Bogotá working hours so I was advised to call back anytime within 12 months from the date of booking to either reschedule for $UD150 or get the miles back for $US200.

d.diddy_13

Intern
Question:
I made a J award booking LAX to Mel on United for 4 Pax. in April.
United now don't fly to Mel on the day i booked so they changed my flight to LAX - SFO - MEL

I would rather stay an extra day and fly direct from LAX, is it worth ringing/emailing LM and requesting a change? Whats my odds?

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Question:
I made a J award booking LAX to Mel on United for 4 Pax. in April.
United now don't fly to Mel on the day i booked so they changed my flight to LAX - SFO - MEL

I would rather stay an extra day and fly direct from LAX, is it worth ringing/emailing LM and requesting a change? Whats my odds?
Yes - I would ring them - sometimes in a situation like this they can be very helpful - but I guess there would need to be award space (for 4 !!!) on the non-stop flight the following day. Not sure if you checked that - I have also found (once) that the call centre found me seats on alternate flights (after a schedule change I wasn't happy about) on an airline (SQ in my case) which were definitely not available online.

coolkid101

lifemiles website completely down
hopefully just an IT issue and not an "enhancement"

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Odd. I was on the site yesterday and was able to view availability.

Odd too is the claim that Jacob M could not ‘modify’ bookings on LM. This has never been a feature.

It’s handy to have a small reserve of lifemiles if the flight is right (around 20k will get you to Asia). But i wouldn’t be speculatively buying.

tallboy

Hello,
Could someone please assist me to work out the sweet spot range for a MEL-MAD oneway ticket ~ I believe that it will be 92,500 LMs + taxes, and I would like to use mostly miles, but happy to use some cash (I found an itinerary to request using the screenshot method, but can't calculate via the LM site these days as I can't find any available full itinerary for that price...).
Thanks
TB

boomy

Hello,
Could someone please assist me to work out the sweet spot range for a MEL-MAD oneway ticket ~ I believe that it will be 92,500 LMs + taxes, and I would like to use mostly miles, but happy to use some cash (I found an itinerary to request using the screenshot method, but can't calculate via the LM site these days as I can't find any available full itinerary for that price...).
Thanks
TB
You got the miles right. LM system often doesn’t show AU to EU itineraries so you’ll need to use screenshots.

Regarding the sweetspot, flights to Europe (or any long haul) are better value in F but availability is scarce, especially if you need more than one seat.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Hello,
Thanks
TB
You might need to play around and see if you can find another route - any route - where you can 'spend' 92K and try and work out the sweet spot. The sweetspot for minimum miles is around 42% miles and top up with cash. Working the other way it's probably going to be be better spending all miles if you have them. I know LM did a 50% booking for me once (50% miles and the rest cash) and it was really really expensive :(

support

Established Member
Administrator
Please continue discussion in the dedicated 2020 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carrie Walker

Currently Active Users