Australian Airlines

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Ngariman, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Ngariman

Ngariman Junior Member

Feb 7, 2006
    ADL
    Does anyone have any inside knowledge on what may happen to Australian Airlines when Qantas starts Jetstar International?

I really hope they don’t do away with them I think its a great product although they have had a hard time with everything that has happened in Asia & Bali.

I really think they could bounce back Ansett International did really well with many of the routes and I guess that’s is what Qantas wanted to capitalize on when starting Australian Airlines.

One route I think they could try is Adelaide - Bali now that Air Paradise is gone it is left wide open.

2. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    Why the double post Ngariman?

I don't have any inside knowledge, but Geoff Dixon said the in Business Sunday interview a few weeks ago that Australian Airlines was here to stay (but not expand) as it serves a valuable purpose.

See this thread for more details.

3. Ngariman

Ngariman Junior Member

Feb 7, 2006
    ADL
    Ooops

Sorry guys didn't realise that I had double posted !!!

I have removed the extra post

4. Wunala Dreaming

Mar 14, 2006
    Brisbane
    G'Day Ngariman,

Nobody really knows what is going on with Australian. Apparently staff are disappointed with being promised things by A.S + team and them not being delivered. Other than that the staff are happy and seem to enjoy their jobs.

I can see AO being a Japan focused carrier. Jetstar will probably pick up the rest of the slack.

I do not think there is much of a market for AO on ADL-DPS as Garuda pretty much have the route to themselves. If the QF group were interested in ADL-DPS I wouldn't rule out seeing an extension to ADL of the DRW-DPS service i.e ADL-DRW-DPS-DRW-ADL.

Perhaps after the MAY 15 [tentative] JQ International launch, some more information on AO's future and direction will be released.

I'm still waiting to see whether to introduction of Economy Plus on Australian was a diversion or infact real. There are many questions to be answered.

Regards