Australian Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ngariman

Does anyone have any inside knowledge on what may happen to Australian Airlines when Qantas starts Jetstar International?

I really hope they don’t do away with them I think its a great product although they have had a hard time with everything that has happened in Asia & Bali.

I really think they could bounce back Ansett International did really well with many of the routes and I guess that’s is what Qantas wanted to capitalize on when starting Australian Airlines.

One route I think they could try is Adelaide - Bali now that Air Paradise is gone it is left wide open.

Damien

Why the double post Ngariman?

Ngariman said:
Does anyone have any inside knowledge on what may happen to Australian Airlines when Qantas starts Jetstar International?

I don't have any inside knowledge, but Geoff Dixon said the in Business Sunday interview a few weeks ago that Australian Airlines was here to stay (but not expand) as it serves a valuable purpose.

See this thread for more details.

Ngariman

Ooops

Sorry guys didn't realise that I had double posted !!!

I have removed the extra post

G'Day Ngariman,

Nobody really knows what is going on with Australian. Apparently staff are disappointed with being promised things by A.S + team and them not being delivered. Other than that the staff are happy and seem to enjoy their jobs.

I can see AO being a Japan focused carrier. Jetstar will probably pick up the rest of the slack.

I do not think there is much of a market for AO on ADL-DPS as Garuda pretty much have the route to themselves. If the QF group were interested in ADL-DPS I wouldn't rule out seeing an extension to ADL of the DRW-DPS service i.e ADL-DRW-DPS-DRW-ADL.

Perhaps after the MAY 15 [tentative] JQ International launch, some more information on AO's future and direction will be released.

I'm still waiting to see whether to introduction of Economy Plus on Australian was a diversion or infact real. There are many questions to be answered.

Regards

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..