Article: Why is Dynamic Currency Conversion Even Legal?

Last night SYD+1 got caught be a “helpful” staff member. Although, the machine wanted a signature. Thinking about it afterwards, there might have been an option to “Cancel” (and tap again).

Anyway, at new places I’m going to say immediately on tapping, “Wait. I want to pay in Euros” (and I’ll be saying that in Spanish).
I usually always tell the server before I tap that I want to pay in EUR. If I dont know (enough) of the local language, then I just repeatedly say "Euros euros euros euros" when the screen prompts a "Yes/No" selection.
 
I usually always tell the server before I tap that I want to pay in EUR. If I dont know (enough) of the local language, then I just repeatedly say "Euros euros euros euros" when the screen prompts a "Yes/No" selection.
Yes, but there’s aways that one “helpful” server….
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top