Article: Toll allowed to go get Patrick

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by Yada Yada, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    I'll be happy to see control of DJ go back to SRB.

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    And the saga continues....

Like to see Sir D'ck take control of Virgin again but the road will not be an easy one.

3. Yada Yada

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    And here is the latest development in the saga...

4. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Patrick accepts Toll takeover
    Fri 14 Apr 2006

Battle over: Toll has raised its bid for Patrick to $6.2 billion.
    Battle over: Toll has raised its bid for Patrick to $6.2 billion.
    Source: ABC
    Source: ABC

Australia's dominant port operator, Patrick Corp, has accepted a takeover bid from Toll Holdings.

After a drawn out dispute relating to the takeover, involving the Federal Court and the ACCC, Toll Holdings and Patrick have struck a deal.

A spokesman for Patrick says Toll Holdings has increased its original offer by $1.6 billion, bringing the final agreed price to $6.2 billion.

Patrick managing director Chris Corrigan says it is a fair price and he will recommend Patrick shareholders accept it, after a unanimous decision by the board.

Toll Holdings boss Paul Little says the takeover will create an integrated transport company unique in the Australian and Asian region.

Patrick has confirmed it will not solicit any higher bids from other companies and both companies have agreed to end all legal proceedings.

5. jakeseven7

jakeseven7 Active Member

Sep 9, 2005

hmmm maybe branson won't get his grubby paws back on DJ then...
    I actually prefer DJ with less involvement from him, ever since he lost control DJ has smartened its act up a bit, not as obnoxious (advertising - mostly superficial stuff.... tho their product is still not suitable for me)

6. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Another interesting twist to this saga!

7. Yada Yada

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Blimey... I wonder where it will end?

So if MacBank was successful, it would own Virgin Blue. :shock: Discount airport fees for being part of the family? :D

8. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    or just keep jacking them up and tell us all that "Virgin Blue is not complaining, its just Qantas that is making a fuss". Now, can anyone remember AN being bled dry by their owner? Operate DJ at a loss due to very high airport fees and see the profits continue to rise at SAC?