Article: How to Join Qantas Frequent Flyer for Free

AIRwin

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Guilty! I was a first year uni student then and didn't know anything...

Mattg

Enthusiast
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Confessional time... has anyone paid for a QFF membership and willing to speak out?

I did. :oops:

This was when I was about 14 years old and didn't know about AFF yet.

I still regret spending that $82.50 to this day, although I've at least recovered the cost back (and then some)!

Big John

Confessional time... has anyone paid for a QFF membership and willing to speak out?
I paid for Big John Jr.

He was only 3 years old and no longer qualified to be carried in my lap.

I figured if I had to pay for his seat, he may as well earn some points as well.

I also reasoned that the cost of joining could be amortised over the rest of his life !

whughes3

Qantas
Platinum
I have vague memories of doing this around Jan '96....was aroind $60 IIRC (minuscule compared with what I have spent with them since)

dylarr

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
I signed up via Everyday Rewards when that partnership with Woolworths was launched in the late 2000's. I thought it was so clever at the time scoring a free QFF membership.

Matt_01

Established Member
From memory I do not think we ever paid joining fees. My membership started when QF comped all AN Golden Wings members to the QF Pub for 1-2 years after AN lost the defence contract in the early 1990s. MrsM joined via Woolworths, similar to what @dylarr mentioned above and MissM was enrolled via the Joey Club and I am pretty sure it was free.

Last edited:

DC3

Qantas
Platinum
I didn’t realise that anyone had actually paid the joining fee.

RichardMEL

Did not pay. in 1994 was given QFF membership when CO exited oz and I had a small number of miles that were converted to QFF points. At that point I was an AN guy so it was a bit of an orphan account up til the events of 2001 with just the odd flight here and there.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I bypassed the fee in the mid 90's by joining the QP - it came with "complimentary" QFF membership.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..