Are The Points Value ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul d

Intern
Hi all,
I have to pay the balloon on a car lease of $15500.00 and the financier will take an AMEX payment with 2%
meaning $316.33 will buy me 23,250 points .
Now considering i would more than likely use the points for JASA flights ...... does the community see this as good value ??
The fee for using AMEX will be absorbed by the business and is tax deductible .
Love to hear your thoughts on this ,

Paul.

what is the dollar value of the flight versus the JASA points + taxes costs. work those out and if it's over the surcharge cost you have your answer :) (ie really depends on if the JASA you are going to get is good value or not)

For me (as arule of thumb) under 3¢ per $I consider to be good value - under 2¢? I would be posting I did it rather than asking ... :p

(FWIW, for me, over 4¢ per point is a deal breaker and i'd generally give it a miss ...)

Are you sure you are still getting the 1.5 points/dollar given the recent changes?

This indicates 1.36¢ per point:
... the financier will take an AMEX payment with 2% meaning $316.33 will buy me 23,250 points ...
There's quite a few cards still out there that can earn > than a ¢ per point- e.g. 1.5¢ per point with Earth Amex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back