Applying for AMEX DJs - OK to get the bonus when already holding an AMEX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

get me outta here

Qantas
LT Silver
Is it still that you can get the DJs Amex whilst holding an existing different AMEX? I have just forgotton that rule.

(I have a code to get 60K for the referer (me), and 40K for the referee - them. It's only 7500 an application is made direct.)

EDIT: I phoned Amex, and now nobody gets the bonus inside 18 month from any cancellation of previous AMEX.

Last edited:
EDIT: I phoned Amex, and now nobody gets the bonus inside 18 month from any cancellation of previous AMEX.

Suspect you may have been given incorrect information here. This is the clause in the terms (specifically mentions DJs Amex):

“AMEX” said:
This offer is available to new David Jones American Express Platinum Card Members who apply, are approved and spend $750 on the Card outside David Jones within the first 3 months of becoming a David Jones American Express Platinum Card Member. If you opt in to Membership Rewards, you are eligible to receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points with a David Jones American Express Platinum Card. If you opt in to Qantas Frequent Flyer, you are eligible to receive 20,000 Qantas Points with a David Jones American Express Platinum Card. Reward Points are earned and converted to your chosen rewards program in accordance with and subject to the David Jones Storecard and David Jones American Express Reward Points Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com/rewardpoints. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after you have made the eligible spend for the points to be credited to your account. Customers applying for the David Jones American Express Platinum Staff Card or the David Jones American Express Staff Card or Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other David Jones Credit Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back