APEC almost bounced in San Fran

Discussion in 'Visas, Immigration & Customs' started by pax1a, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. pax1a

pax1a Junior Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Just FYI.

Couple weeks ago I was traveling from San Fran to Beijing.

My APEC is cleared for CHN, and I have used it about 4 times to enter China without visa. When flying out of San Fran, check-in were refusing to check me in because of no Chinese Visa, and naturally they had never heard of the APEC card.

I was flying Air-China, but the check-in looked like it was manned with generic ground staff.

They were searching books, calling people, 2 Managers and about 45 minutes latter, begrudgingly they checked me in.

Cheers
    Pax

2. RTWFF

RTWFF Intern

Aug 12, 2005
    I'm afraid the ignorance of Americans about the rest of the world knows no bounds

3. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    Though they deserve a lot of criticism in some areas, I don't believe this is one of them. As the LOTFAP does not participate in APEC, it's unreasonable to expect all counter staff there to know about it.

4. pax1a

pax1a Junior Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I think it's poor staff training. It they are flying to a destination then they have an obligation to understand what that countries visa requirements are. It makes no difference if they are an APEC country or not. I now have a copy of the APEC when page which say "no visa required" which I take with me. (not that I think it will help)