Card Promotions ANZ Rewards Platinum $95pa fee w/ 75k Velocity pts + $50 back + $95 VA credit + 30 SCs - via PointHacks

CaptainCurtis

Established Member
While I'm not particularly impressed with PH and don't love the idea of supporting them financially (see discussion here), this Point Hacks offer nonetheless appears to be a pretty good deal.

Highlights of this deal include:
  • 75,000 bonus Velocity Points.
  • $50 back to your new card
  • $95 Virgin Australia travel credit
  • 30 Velocity Status Credits.
Annual fee is $95pa, or $45 in the first year after the credit.

For those that don't know, you'll still be entitled to the bonus points if you've held an ANZ QFF card within the last 12 months. The T&Cs only exclude you from the bonus points if you have held any of the ANZ Rewards or ANZ Travel Adventures cards within the previous 12 months.
Offer not available where you currently hold an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum, ANZ Travel Adventures or ANZ Rewards Black credit card, or qualified for extra Reward Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Rewards credit cards within the previous 12 months.

Earn rates:
  • Earn 1.5 ANZ Reward Points for every $1 spent up to and including $2,000
  • Earn 0.5 ANZ Reward Point for every $1 spent over $2,000

Last edited:
This actually is a pretty good deal -- one of the best I've seen in a while. I don't know why they say that the offer is available "for a very limited time": when you click through and read the fine print, it's actually available until 31st March 2023.

Two separate rewards programs. You can have both a ANZ QFF and an ANZ Rewards card at the same time for the bonus points.

and ANZ rewards travel adventures at the same time.

Last edited:
Hmm tempting, i have had a few churns lately (Westpac Platinum, AMEX Explorer, Suncorp Platinum, Citibank Personal Loan) the last 6- 8 months.

Though interested to wait for the Black ANZ for the 90k VFF.

and ANZ rewards travel adventures at the same time.
Looks like that may have changed recently.
Offer not available where you currently hold an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum, ANZ Travel Adventures or ANZ Rewards Black credit card, or qualified for extra Reward Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Rewards credit cards within the previous 12 months.

I applied for an ANZ card back in June and got rejected. Does anyone know the time limit between a rejection and then reapplying to maximise chances of approval. I believe some providers automatically reject your application if you apply again too soon?

I applied for an ANZ card back in June and got rejected. Does anyone know the time limit between a rejection and then reapplying to maximise chances of approval. I believe some providers automatically reject your application if you apply again too soon?
Usually 3-6 months

I am keen. Just finished my twelve months from the last ANZ reward. However, I do not know if I have the mental fortitude to deal these people after last year.
Have also recently had the QFF platinum deal. Quite a painful process as well. I must say they post the points quickly after minimum spend met.

Oh, well. No pain no gain I suppose...

Also, CAdboy, I was initially rejected (for the frequent Flyer) but told them as they had hit my credit rating I wanted a review. I kept at them to speak to someone senior and in Aus. Eventually I received a call from someone and over a couple of discussions I was finally able to explain how things worked.

If you have anything other than a standard full time job and simple mortgage they seem to reject you in my experience.

Just been approved .Does anyone know how long it actually takes for status credit credit after min spend has been met ?

I've just received this card and switched on the auto-redemption for Velocity. Is this how they know where to send the 30 status credits? How about the travel credit? Nothing is mentioned in the letter of offer re the special inclusions via Point Hacks, but that tends to be the case with these things anyway.

I applied for this card an about 2 weeks ago and they took ages to approve me, but I’m now approved and my card should arrive next week. However, I read that this offer is no longer available and I can’t find it anywhere on the PH or ANZ site. I’m not sure if I’ll get my SC or bonus points now!

I applied for this card an about 2 weeks ago and they took ages to approve me, but I’m now approved and my card should arrive next week. However, I read that this offer is no longer available and I can’t find it anywhere on the PH or ANZ site. I’m not sure if I’ll get my SC or bonus points now!
I guess I'm in a similar position...applied while the offer was active...by the time it was approved offer was gone. However based on past experience with similar timelines I'm confident all the terms of the original offer will be respected...it would just be nice to see it in black and white on the offer letter.

Make sure you save or print the terms and conditions of every card you apply for. They would say “apply by x date and be approved” or “apply and be approved by x date”

Back