ANZ QFF Black 75,000 bonus with no annual fee 1st year -only $2500 spend 1st 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamchatsky

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
https://www.anz.com.au/personal/credit-cards/frequent-flyer/black/

Still 75000 QFF points bonus with no annual fee first year. However, you ONLY need to spend $2500 in first 3 months to get the bonus. It is much easier to achieve than the original $7500 spend requirement.

Originally I was going to post it in the existing ANZ QFF Black thread but given the title included $7500 spend I thought it is better to have a new thread for this.

I have applied today and has been referred to ANZ.

EDIT: ANZ Just approved my application. Took them a long 2 hours. It helps that I am existing ANZ customer and have all my finances with them. I would probably qualify for free annual fee forever as I have existing home loan package with them.

Last edited:
Re: ANZ QFF Black 75,000 bonus with no annual fee 1st year -only $2500 spend 1st 3 mo

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Probably mentioned elsewhere but am a bit busy to read through it all so:
Still the 12 month sit out period since closing a previous ANZ card to be eligible?
Does ATO spend count towards the $2500?

Re: ANZ QFF Black 75,000 bonus with no annual fee 1st year -only $2500 spend 1st 3 mo

https://www.anz.com.au/personal/credit-cards/frequent-flyer/black/

Still 75000 QFF points bonus with no annual fee first year. However, you ONLY need to spend $2500 in first 3 months to get the bonus. It is much easier to achieve than the original $7500 spend requirement.

Originally I was going to post it in the existing ANZ QFF Black thread but given the title included $7500 spend I thought it is better to have a new thread for this.

I have applied today and has been referred to ANZ.

EDIT: ANZ Just approved my application. Took them a long 2 hours. It helps that I am existing ANZ customer and have all my finances with them. I would probably qualify for free annual fee forever as I have existing home loan package with them.

mentioned here a couple of hours ago:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer....z-qff-black-75-000-a-70179-7.html#post1377309

Still the 12 month sit out period since closing a previous ANZ card to be eligible?
Correct. This is being strictly enforced from what I can see.

What are "eligible purchases" usually? Would that include payment of strata levies do we think?

Interesting, they must have had a poor response to the high(er) threshold..

What are "eligible purchases" usually? Would that include payment of strata levies do we think?

Yes. Definitely.

Note to self - always cancel credit cards immediately after receiving bonus points so as to maximise future re-signup opportunities!

Wow this one does seem too good to be true. Does anyone have experience in how quickly ANZ post the bonus points after the minimum spend has been reached?
I have read the T&Cs which say 8-10 weeks but am hoping its quicker than that :)
(Work trip to London coming in April and want to upgrade from Y+ to J and am in dire need of points!)

I can't seem to find when this offer expires. Can someone please enlighten me

Last edited:

Wow this one does seem too good to be true. Does anyone have experience in how quickly ANZ post the bonus points after the minimum spend has been reached?
I have read the T&Cs which say 8-10 weeks but am hoping its quicker than that :)
(Work trip to London coming in April and want to upgrade from Y+ to J and am in dire need of points!)

Too good to be true? Only if you're eligible to apply. Many of us here are excluded for 12 months because of the multiple offerings we took up with ANZ in 2015 (my exclusion expires at the end of Feb 2016).

If you have a look at previous offerings of ANZ (http://www.australianfrequentflyer....motions/anz-platinum-50k-bonus-qff-61242.html) you'll see that 6 to 10 weeks is usual for ANZ to post the points.

If you're after quick points I'd recommend Jetstar. I've had them post the bonus points even before issuing the first statement.

No expiry date is provided.

But ANZ can pull this offer at anytime ..... Or if not many takers, they may reduce the spending requirement to say $500 for 3 months (purely my speculation only)!

I can't seem to find when this offer expires. Can someone please enlighten me

"You could receive 75,000 bonus Qantas Points and enjoy no annual fee for the first year, saving $425, when you apply for a new ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card by 24 March 2016, are approved and spend at least $2,500 on eligible purchases within the first three months of card approval*."

24th March. Thanks

Too good to be true? Only if you're eligible to apply. Many of us here are excluded for 12 months because of the multiple offerings we took up with ANZ in 2015 (my exclusion expires at the end of Feb 2016).

I have an existing rewards platinum, just rang them up to enquirer about changing it to a black card. Guy on the phone suggested a new black card rather than changing product, as "we have a great bonus offer at the momen" strongly suggesting from that position I would be eligible. I didn't push him on the matter as he lost interest when I told him my income!

I have an existing rewards platinum, just rang them up to enquirer about changing it to a black card. Guy on the phone suggested a new black card rather than changing product, as "we have a great bonus offer at the momen" strongly suggesting from that position I would be eligible. I didn't push him on the matter as he lost interest when I told him my income!

Rewards card does not exclude participation in the Frequent Flyer cards new card bonus.
Having held any of the 3 FF cards in the previous 12 months does.

Rewards card does not exclude participation in the Frequent Flyer cards new card bonus.
Having held any of the 3 FF cards in the previous 12 months does.

Good to know, thanks.

"You could receive 75,000 bonus Qantas Points and enjoy no annual fee for the first year, saving $425, when you apply for a new ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card by 24 March 2016, are approved and spend at least $2,500 on eligible purchases within the first three months of card approval*."

Gah! My expiry is 31 March!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back